Fans to pay again for Dundee Utd game

You're right cal. I was just trying to make some sort of sense of it, but it doesn't really make that much sense unless you're United's financial wizard. :whistle:

Like I said, at least if you weren't at the 1st match you can go to the replay for �£12. :D

I do agree that it's not fair on those who've already paid for the match ticket, but lets be honest; a boycott is never going to happen. There's been cries to boycott United matches before & it didn't happen, so it's not likely to happen now. The most that will happen is that some of those who went to the first match will just right it off rather than give United any more cash, but I'm sure plenty people will still go & pay the �£12 regardless of whether they're happy about it or not.

i mind tannadice went minorly on fire when i was there. disconcerting to see firemen with an axe and bag of sand on hand, as though it were a regular occurence. boycott.

How am I the first to say this? "i mind tannadice 'went' on fire when i was there". :whistle:

Bmck letting his pyromaniacal tendencies out?

Disgrace if its true and a boycott should definatly take place.

Im also for the case that abandoned matches should start next time with the previous scoreline. Say we were 4-0 up then it was called off and we lose the re-match!!

Ticket price war breaks out between Rangers and Dundee United over replayed game

Nov 17 2009 Colin Duncan

RANGERS and Dundee United were last night embroiled in a bitter dispute over ticket prices for next month's rearranged SPL clash.

Irate Rangers supporters groups launched a blistering attack on the Tayside club accusing them of breaking a promise to provide free entry for the game on December 15 for fans who travelled to the first match, called off at half time due to a waterlogged pitch.

But United director Derek Robertson said:"There must be some sort of perception problem. We requested people keep their ticket stubs in the event they could be used for some purpose but we decided that was not the way to go.

"At no point did we say fans would be given free entry to any rearranged match.

"There are substantial costs, in excess of �£20,000, in putting on a game of this stature.We are not trying to rip anybody off. We are just trying to minimise our loss."

But Rangers Supporters Trust spokesman David Edgar said: "Given Dundee United made an announcement at the game, at their own behest, you'd think they would have a moral obligation to the supporters to go through with it.

"No one would have had an issue with Dundee United charging if that had been their policy from day one."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2009/11/17/ticket-price-war-breaks-out-between-rangers-and-dundee-united-over-replayed-game-86908-21828137/

"There are substantial costs, in excess of �£20,000, in putting on a game of this stature.We are not trying to rip anybody off. We are just trying to minimise our loss."

Whether you treat attendees as fans or customers, there is no justification for charging for an abandoned game. Even when you take their 20k figure and immorally charging this to those who pay to see the game, an 8,000 attendance should mean charging �£2.50 a head not �£12 - however I gather the home fans with season tickets are getting it for free so it seems the away support are mostly being charged for losses incurred which had nothing to do with them.

All businesses can be incur costs due to the weather but they usually absorb that into their general running costs and have some contingencies in place to pay for it. They do not directly charge customers for this especially when they failed to deliver the goods or services they are charging for.

Imagine a restaurant had a power failure after your starter but charged you for half of the meal due to their costs for the uncooked food and staff etc.

Even worse, they charge you in full for a two course meal but offer you your next meal on one set date for half price?

There is just no justification for it and the difference is that by only charging away fans they are not particularly affecting their repeat business or good will.