My take on the France Ireland game

Guest Macafelly
I kind of understand what you are saying, but surely all cheating is the same? Did Celtic not score a goal after a handball by Caldwell last season? That actually took place in Scotland but was largely ignored by the press (quelle surprise).

Any cheating affects the outcome of a game no matter whenever it happens, or how important a game is.

As I said earlier, that fact that the draw was fiddled is a far bigger issue of cheating that Henry's but is not making the same headlines.

Yeah the whole thing about the draw is scandalous but typical of football in the modern day.

I will be honest, things like this are slowly making me fall out of love with the game.

Everything is designed to help the big clubs and big nations and top level football is as corrupt as fuck.

A split second decision whilst his team is one nil down...who wouldn't have done the same?

...and the nonsense is what the media in general have made of this 'ban Henry' 'replay the game'...all a bit OTT

Celtic's opponents would be calling for the game to be replayed every second week.

Guest Macafelly

Personally and it's only my opinion mind, I think Henry deserves all the negative press he gets.

I would also advocate a 3 match ban for him.

I can't stand cheating and hand on heart, if that was a Rangers player or a Scotland player, I'd take no pleasure in it regardless of the outcome of the game as a result.

I also can't understand the ban issue. Deliberate handball is a yellow card unless it is to prevent a goal scoring opportunity when it would be a red is my understanding of the rules.

Therefore he should get a yellow card but as they can't be awarded retrospectively he remains unpunished.

The rules seem reasonable to me, and we can't start changing them just because of when an incident happened. I definitely don't believe he deserves a ban.

Guest Macafelly

Surely using your hand to stop a goal is as bad as using your hand to create a goal?

Regardless of what rules are set in place at the moment, something needs to be done to show that cheating will not be tolerated.

Surely using your hand to stop a goal is as bad as using your hand to create a goal?

Regardless of what rules are set in place at the moment, something needs to be done to show that cheating will not be tolerated.

Going by the rules no,if you stop a goal being scored using your hand and the ref/assistant ref sees you it's a red card,if you're not seen then you get away with it, if you are seen using your hand to create a chance then you may even get off with a card depending on the refs interpretation although it would most likely result in a yellow