My take on the France Ireland game

I can't understand the uproar over this tbh,it happens almost every game,and as I posted earlier Keane got pulled for hand ball while in the French box preparing to score,would he have admitted to it had he got away with it ? I think not.A lot of the time it's just natural instinct to use your hands,if hand ball deserves a red card then there won't be many players left on the park at the end of every game.Anyway,it's done and dusted now, this thread should be closed IMO.

Sorry Macafelly...cant agree with you. If you do Henry, where does the referee figure in all this? Does he get done too? Does this mean anyone who handles the ball will be bringing the game into disrepute?

IMO, the only thing that can come out of this is introducing refs watching the game on TV screens and having a call on iffy decisions...is that the road we are going to go down? maybe it'd be for the best

Guest Macafelly

I know a lot of people won't agree with what I'm saying and that's fine but I genuinely what I am typing here.

For me you have to take everything into context and by that I mean there are varying degrees of cheating.

Obviously, a handball in the middle of the park during a run of the mill league game is different from deliberately controlling the ball with your hand in order to create a goal, in extra time which ultimately sends one team crashing out of the world cup.

I am not suggesting that everyone who deliberately handles the ball deserves to be banned. What I AM saying is that I think you have varying levels of cheating and the Henry incident is up there with the worst of them.

Edited by Macafelly

Guest Macafelly

With regards to the referee, it's widely acknowledged that it was virtually impossible for him to see the incident which supports the idea of video replays etc. I am beginning to warm to this idea if it means cutting out things like what happened the other night.

I know a lot of people won't agree with what I'm saying and that's fine but I genuinely what I am typing here.

For me you have to take everything into context and by that I mean there are varying degrees of cheating.

Obviously, a handball in the middle of the park during a run of the mill league game is different from deliberately controlling the ball with your hand in order to create a goal, in extra time which ultimately sends one team crashing out of the world cup.

I am not suggesting that everyone who deliberately handles the ball deserves to be banned. What I AM saying is that I think you have varying levels of cheating and the Henry incident is up there with the worst of them.

Degrees of cheating. :D

Run of the mill game versus a big match. We're descending into nonsensical bullshit here. THe rules of the game are the rules of the game and don't change to suit media agenda's and hyperbole.

You're either Southern Irish or have been badly sucked in by the media campaign.

Guest Macafelly
Degrees of cheating. :D

Run of the mill game versus a big match. We're descending into nonsensical bullshit here. THe rules of the game are the rules of the game and don't change to suit media agenda's and hyperbole.

You're either Southern Irish or have been badly sucked in by the media campaign.

I've made myself clear - I hate cheating.

Going by your logic you must be an anti Irish bigot and a hypocrite.

Because I'm convinced you'd be foaming at the mouth if it'd happened to Rangers.

I've made myself clear - I hate cheating.

Going by your logic you must be an anti Irish bigot and a hypocrite.

Because I'm convinced you'd be foaming at the mouth if it'd happened to Rangers.

I would be. I was when it happened to us.

I didn't scream blue murder for days afterwards or ask for the rules that govern the game to be changed to suit me and the team I support such as asking for the Barca-Rangers game to be replayed.

It is embarassing for the Irish and i'm a little disappointed that so many people have been suckered in by it.

Where you so offended by the Hutton free-kick incident when Italy put us out? That was a big game, it happened at our end of the field and not in the middle of the park.

This whoel episode is becoming ridiculous.

Wait a second, who cheated in the Hutton incident?

I was beeling but it was simply a poor call from the ref.

I don't recall any cheating there.

Hutton was fouled. Foul play is by definition cheating. ;)

In any case, I still answered your point. It did happen to us and I and the Rangers support, family, whatever you want to call it, managed to avoid making a massive cunt of ourselves.

The media campaign is sickening. Go listen to Roy Keane's views on it. :D