Apparently, Bougie is missing again.

We're used to players who pull out of international squads after a particularly tiring wank...it was clear as day before we signed Bougherra that he was fanatical about Algeria, surely it can't be THAT big a suprise that he puts them before his club? Certainly it's a culture shock, but not out of the blue.

That said, very few teams would put up with his behaviour - the likes of Kingston at Hearts is the same - and I wouldn't doubt most are right that he will be punted. It's a shame.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2741602/Walt-Bougy-was-reserve-before-Gers.html

WALTER SMITH last night slammed AWOL star Madjid Bougherra, insisting: It's not so long ago you were with Charlton RESERVES.

Bougherra missed Saturday's SPL clash with Kilmarnock after failing to return from international duty in time for the game.

It's the THIRD time the defender has been late back from Algeria duty - with Smith's patience now wearing thin. The Ibrox boss has a decision to make on whether he recalls Bougherra for tomorrow's Champions League crunch with Stuttgart.

Danny Wilson, 17, was outstanding against Killie at the weekend and could keep his place.

Smith will hold showdown talks with Bougherra before picking his side - but he hit out at the former Coca-Cola Championship player last night.

He said: "It's the third time he's come back late from an international match so I'll need to speak to him.

"He's come a long way since Charlton reserves, you know. It isn't really a big issue to me - it's just something you need to handle as a manager. It's not a major problem.

''But he should have been back on Friday night after asking for permission to go to the celebration on Thursday, which we gave him."

Smith insists he was NOT planning to play Bougherra against Killie but he does want an explanation as to why he was not back in time.

The Ibrox gaffer added: "I had no real thoughts of playing him on Saturday anyway. The player has been out for a length of time and returned to play two matches in quick succession for his country.

"Given the magnitude of the games he was involved in, and considering we have the Tuesday game, I wasn't considering him for the Kilmarnock match.

"But the fact remains he didn't turn up which is always a bit of a problem.

"If people are not making an attempt to get back to their club, effectively for what they do for a living, it's a little bit of a problem.

"But it's not a major issue with the way young Danny Wilson is playing.

"People say I'm faced with a problem but trust me, it's never a problem.

"If a young lad comes in and plays in the manner in which he's played it delights you."

Meanwhile, Gers' Euro rivals Stuttgart could only draw 1-1 with Bundesliga basement boys Hertha Berlin yesterday.

Markus Babbel's side are now 16th - and in the relegation play-off zone.