You�ve shown us no respect

By ROBERT GRIEVE

Published: 24 Nov 2009

Add a comment Add a comment (0)

KENNY MILLER last night launched an astonishing attack on Rangers team-mate Madjid Bougherra.

Bougherra went AWOL for a third time after helping Algeria qualify for the World Cup.

He only returned to Scotland on Saturday night - three days after his international game. The stopper missed the SPL clash with Kilmarnock but could return for tonight's Champions League showdown with Stuttgart.

Asked if he felt Bougherra was guilty of showing a lack of respect for his team-mates, Miller hit out: "In a way, yes.

"If you're given a time to come back, you come back, simple as that. You never have any problem like this when any of the Irish lads go away, or us Scottish lads.

"I don't see why this should happen just because you are a foreigner going away.

"He's qualified for the World Cup, which is fair enough, but we have a job to do here.

"Rangers pay our wages and when we're asked to come back we've got to come back.

"We want Madjid in the team. There's no doubt he's one of our best players.

"If him not coming back on time is playing havoc with the team then it's disappointing.

"I don't really know what is going on with him not coming back.

"It's something the manager will sort out and I'm sure whatever decision he makes will be the right one.

"He seems happy enough in the dressing room so I don't see any reason why he would want to stay away."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2743214/Youve-shown-us-no-respect.html

Perhaps Walter authorised him to make the statement?

I believe he said this at a press conference? Surely the question would have been expected and he would have been prepped as to what he should say?

If not, then the club are as much to blame as Miller.

True. I don't think Miller said anything overly controversial but a no comment would have sufficed.

Apparently Bougherra isn't well liked in the changing room anyway which perhaps explains Miller's comments.

True. I don't think Miller said anything overly controversial but a no comment would have sufficed.

Apparently Bougherra isn't well liked in the changing room anyway which perhaps explains Miller's comments.

Well if he keeps acting like he is it's no wonder he's no liked!!

Exactly mate. Football is a team game and I've never seen a team that likes a player who thinks he's Billy Bigbaws and can do what he likes.

Bougherra is constantly letting down his team-mates and while we should be careful not to cut off our nose to spite our face, a line has to be drawn at some point.

Im delighted to hear the players are as pissed off as we are. If you go into work and theres someone getting preferential treatment you wouldnt be happy.

Danny wilson tonight for me.

I wouldn't drop Wilson for him, just tempted to use him somewhere else in the team. However if he is disliked as the rumours suggest then he shouldn't get near the team, ever.

Like others, I agree Miller shouldn't have said anything. But at the same time it gives us a clear indication that Madjid is taking the piss and his team mates aren't happy with it either. :confused:

BD is most likely correct in that Miller may have been sanctioned to make a comment. If not it's a bit of an own goal by the club.