This Year's C/League Run

Let's face facts as disappointing as this years campaign was , and by god it was painful , the facts are we were only there for the money and deep down I feel Smith will be hugely relieved that we are well out of it , not that I think he didn't try his best , just that he isn't really a European type manager in that I have never felt he truly enjoyed it .

Even when we were on the road to Manchester I always had the feeling it was a distraction for him and that he would have been not too disappointed if we had gotten knocked out at any point , on the bright side at least we will have saved a fortune on the players bonuses this year

I remember last season I was praying that we win the league mainly for the cash,and obviously another title,but mainly for the cash, at the same time I never thought we were good enough to compete at this level which has been proved with this campaign, however I believe fans expectations rise once the group section was drawn, as did mine, but what has happened with this run is only really taking me back to last seasons' thoughts that we are not good enough to compete in the CL

I remember last season I was praying that we win the league mainly for the cash,and obviously another title,but mainly for the cash, at the same time I never thought we were good enough to compete at this level which has been proved with this campaign, however I believe fans expectations rise once the group section was drawn, as did mine, but what has happened with this run is only really taking me back to last seasons' thoughts that we are not good enough to compete in the CL

Spot On there Ian, i thought exactly the same when the group was drawn and now when you look at it unirea the unknowns i had never heard of look like joining sevilla in the next round, very dissapointing campaign i must offer indeed.:(

Yeah, I think you're right rbr... I was hoping the pressure would be off somewhat after we won the league but all the uncertainty about the bank and the club's future means once again winning the SPL was always going to be our priority this season.

Yeah, I think you're right rbr... I was hoping the pressure would be off somewhat after we won the league but all the uncertainty about the bank and the club's future means once again winning the SPL was always going to be our priority this season.

this entire decade has been an unadultarated mind F**K , never in my wildest dreams as I stood in Hampden during the orange cup final could I ever have forecast in my worst nightmare what was about to unfold . the sooner change happens the better

Yeah, it's amazing how far one team can fall in 10 years.

What's also amazing is how unhappy we can be after just winning the SPL title and while sitting top of the SPL right now. Some will laugh at this fickleness.

Me, I think it's the perfect time to build before we get any worse. I've just no idea where this work will begin and who will be foreman. :(

the thing that makes it worst is the lack of a plan or overarching vision we can place this all in. i think we could get put up with getting humped in the champions league if there was some sort of plan for slow but steady progress. for example, if PLG had been good, and said "i am getting a team balanced with some decent youngsters taught to play good passing football - we will get humped continuously in the champions league for a fair few seasons, but stick with us, we are going somewhere" i think, given the dawning reality of our financial situation, we would be happy with that. its the lack of a helmsman and the sea sickness of a rudderless ship that makes this feel as bad as it does.

Yeah, it's amazing how far one team can fall in 10 years.

What's also amazing is how unhappy we can be after just winning the SPL title and while sitting top of the SPL right now. Some will laugh at this fickleness.

Me, I think it's the perfect time to build before we get any worse. I've just no idea where this work will begin and who will be foreman. :(

We are competing against a Celtic side that's probably as bad as they've ever been.