McCulloch reckons we may be forced to sell now

So sell our most consistent midfielder ?

I just dont get how we can look through what some players give us and not others.

On this season's performances we should be selling Mendes, Davis, Thomson all BEFORE McCulloch. I am not the big man's biggest fan but he has been our most consistent midfielder this season. And he also, in every match, at least understands what is required of a Ranger, unlike some of the other imposters playing beside him.

So sell our most consistent midfielder ?

I just dont get how we can look through what some players give us and not others.

On this season's performances we should be selling Mendes, Davis, Thomson all BEFORE McCulloch. I am not the big man's biggest fan but he has been our most consistent midfielder this season. And he also, in every match, at least understands what is required of a Ranger, unlike some of the other imposters playing beside him.

Mendes and Davis may have been inconsistent, but the fact that they would still command interest form some EPL clubs is for me a reason to keep them - or else we just shelve our ambitions. They do have some sort of ability in the arts of passing, shooting and moving - all things we have been missing lately. If they are not performing to capacity - well, that is the coaches' jobs is it not - to get the best out of them?

Mendes and Davis may have been inconsistent, but the fact that they would still command interest form some EPL clubs is for me a reason to keep them - or else we just shelve our ambitions. They do have some sort of ability in the arts of passing, shooting and moving - all things we have been missing lately. If they are not performing to capacity - well, that is the coaches' jobs is it not - to get the best out of them?

Actually.... I would contend that given our financial position and the fact that they can command interest from the EPL is a reason why they are likely to be first on the sales sheet, rather than LM.

My point was not about ambition or who has the better ability. I think even LM would agree that both those players have more natural ability than he does - but the simple fact is that this season neither of them have shown it at all (yes Mendes has been injured but when did he last give us a decent game even when not?).

But we have been apt on here to complain that WS has his favourites and wont drop those playing poorly to give others a chance - and here we are not only looking to drop our most consistent midfielder this season but help pack his bags to leave the club. The irony of it.....

Funny though, you say that Davis and Mendes "have some sort of ability in the arts of passing, shooting and moving - all things we have been missing lately"..... yet Davis has been an ever-present. if he has that ability he should be showing it but he isnt. He deserves dropped more than LM does (even though Davis had a decent game on Tuesday).

As a matter of interest and in direct relation to McCulloch, I know a brickie who is starting work on building a new luxury house for McCulloch, seems he has no intent of leaving Ibrox, how many of us would like the luxurious trappings of less than average alleged footballers, the last people on earth to give fiscal lectures.

:eek:

You were making a good point up until then. I thought he was as crap as the other midfielders and was cupable at the second goal.

Should I retract it ? ;)

To be fair, I spent much of the 90 thinking "I am fucking freezng sat here... I should be back in Bermua in the sun".

Havent had the chance to watch the game again so looks like I should. It seemed he had a bit of energy about him and was trying - doesnt mean he had a good game I guess. He did lose the ball a lot too. If he was as bad as the other midfielders, as you say, then he must have been awful.

another thing..... I used to laugh at S_A when he suggested that Davis and Lafferty get it easy from some fans for nothing more than being Irish - but I witnessed it on Tuesday night - other fans round about me were actually slating other players for the failings of these two. They would blame someone else for a wayward pass from Davis or Lafferty.

Should I retract it ? ;)

To be fair, I spent much of the 90 thinking "I am fucking freezng sat here... I should be back in Bermua in the sun".

Havent had the chance to watch the game again so looks like I should. It seemed he had a bit of energy about him and was trying - doesnt mean he had a good game I guess. He did lose the ball a lot too. If he was as bad as the other midfielders, as you say, then he must have been awful.

another thing..... I used to laugh at S_A when he suggested that Davis and Lafferty get it easy from some fans for nothing more than being Irish - but I witnessed it on Tuesday night - other fans round about me were actually slating other players for the failings of these two. They would blame someone else for a wayward pass from Davis or Lafferty.

TBF I haven't watched the game again either and have no intention of doing so.

On Lafferty/Davis, I can't say I've noticed it where I sit, but that perhaps isn't representative of other parts of the ground.