I feared the worst today and was proved correct. I try to suppress such negativity in the hope I am wrong but it's becoming harder and harder. The only optimism I can draw upon is the likes of Danny Wilson's continued run in the team. Long may that continue and hopefully some others get a chance too. Can they really do any worse than the likes of Whittaker and Davis at the moment?

walter smith is a broken man. win lose or draw the quality of his football is quite simply not worth watching. and no matter what he tries with his mind boggling team selections formations and tactics it just doesnt work for him.

he seems to be blind to the problems on the park when theyre staring all of us in the face..

Walter possibly will win the league this year but its only because Celtic are totally gash as well. Even if we won the treble this year I'd still want shot of him. We're going nowhere.

Convenient and very coincidental excuse for the Rangers haters on here.

Anyone got any left?

Even the most loyal WS followers must be nearing empty in the optimism tank.

I look forward to hearing their excuses in defending WS.

Beaten by a team who have won 1 in their last 7 games prior to today. Beaten by a team who were punted out of europe by a pub team. Actually, we were too!

Words can't describe how bad we actually are.

Rangers fans used to get a ribbing by the Tims when the team lost, weird that we now get it from those who profess to follow the club. Yes, my team lost, go on enjoy yourself, rub it in... :flipa:

Rangers fans used to get a ribbing by the Tims when the team lost, weird that we now get it from those who profess to follow the club. Yes, my team lost, go on enjoy yourself, rub it in... :flipa:

Didnt see anything in the opening post that suggested he was happy. Its hardly madly over the score to ask people who have defended WS emphatically to offer their explanation for the result and how it isnt as bad as it seems.

Cal it is easy for you to sit in your armchair with your wine in your hand and spout this false optimism, based more on hope than the product package, to everyone. These guy's are paying 300-600 pound a year for a season ticket to watch a B-class product. If we have fallen so far back that we are at low championship or third tear English level then the supporters should be paying an honest price for that product. If i pay A-class prices then i want an A class article and not a team whose brains don't seem to know what their feet are doing.

Didnt see anything in the opening post that suggested he was happy. Its hardly madly over the score to ask people who have defended WS emphatically to offer their explanation for the result and how it isnt as bad as it seems.

I think it's way over the score to ask me to offer an explanation for any poor performance or defeat. I'm not accountable, and when you look at the context, the first domestic defeat of the season at the end of November when we're 2 points behind the leaders with a game in hand, it's hardly something to be in the dock for.

I think when you remember that context and then re-look at people almost gloating at the defeat, then maybe you will rethink who needs to account for their actions. If we get a new manager will the accusers be explaining every defeat?

"As bad as it seems" is a meaningless state as it depends subjectively in how bad each person thinks it is.

I've never said everything is rosy, but maybe domestically it's not as bad as some people think when we're haven't just finished 3rd and now over 10 points behind after our worst run of results ever, and out of the league cup like a previous season when certain people wanted to continue with the same manager.

So how bad does it seem domestically - we have won 4 trophies in two seasons and have the best record of any team in the country. We've just had our worst domestic result of the season but can still go top of the league or at worst be two points behind. Is that facts or just rosie specs? Forgive me for not being suicidal about it or wanting to start a witch-hunt on the management team. In the last 30 years I've seen at least 12 seasons far worse than this one - from every single manager we've had in that time - bar WS. That doesn't make him immune from criticism but it puts his record into perspective.

I don't like defeats any more than anyone and I'm not going to try and spin it in some ultra positive way. However, why should I have to get in the dock and take the pelters for I repeat, our first domestic defeat of the season?

Anyway, in the greater scheme of things, the SPL has well and truly become a backwater where teams have little chance of competing with the bigger European countries, and I really don't think a change of manager is going to miraculously make us world beaters. I think some people need to get their heads out of the sand and start seeing how bad that situation really is.

Just who are the ones who don't think it's as bad as it seems when some think the likes of Le Guen or any other manager we could attract and afford, could lead our club in it's current state and financial environment into the CL and defeat the likes of Stuttgart and Seville who can buy a couple of players with the same kind of money as our whole squad?

I actually think it's so bad at the moment that any kind of results in the CL are a bonus, and I think just about any manager would struggle to do so. So where is my naivety?

Looking for a scapegoat is just pulling the wool over everyone's eyes.

Edited by calscot

Cal it is easy for you to sit in your armchair with your wine in your hand and spout this false optimism, based more on hope than the product package, to everyone. These guy's are paying 300-600 pound a year for a season ticket to watch a B-class product. If we have fallen so far back that we are at low championship or third tear English level then the supporters should be paying an honest price for that product. If i pay A-class prices then i want an A class article and not a team whose brains don't seem to know what their feet are doing.

Firstly, start paying to go to Chelsea or Arsenal games and see if you're paying A-class prices at Ibrox. You could even try MK Dons as you'll find a ticket for a Saturday game is about the same as the SPL. Then you could try Kilmarnock prices and compare the football you're watching.

I don't even think you understand the economics of football in the slightest. The quality of the product on the field bears no correlation to what an individual pays. Saltcoats Vics could charge a hundred quid a ticket but that won't mean you will see a better product than what's on show in the Premiership for half the price.

You can expect all you like but you'll be very disappointed. I might be in an armchair but that doesn't mean I have to swallow that kind of line.

Do you really think if Rangers cut the ticket price in half that you'll get better value?

The real point is that Rangers fans are collectively paying 44M-60M a year and that's nowhere near A-class. To be honest, if we're getting a B-class product, that sounds like a bargain.

Firstly, start paying to go to Chelsea or Arsenal games and see if you're paying A-class prices at Ibrox. You could even try MK Dons as you'll find a ticket for a Saturday game is about the same as the SPL. Then you could try Kilmarnock prices and compare the football you're watching.

I don't even think you understand the economics of football in the slightest. The quality of the product on the field bears no correlation to what an individual pays. Saltcoats Vics could charge a hundred quid a ticket but that won't mean you will see a better product than what's on show in the Premiership for half the price.

You can expect all you like but you'll be very disappointed. I might be in an armchair but that doesn't mean I have to swallow that kind of line.

Do you really think if Rangers cut the ticket price in half that you'll get better value?

The real point is that Rangers fans are collectively paying 44M-60M a year and that's nowhere near A-class. To be honest, if we're getting a B-class product, that sounds like a bargain.

Cal they called Tony Blair a spin doctor i am afraid you also come into that class. No matter how bad it gets let's keep talking positive. You can buy fake Baileys Irish Cream from the Aldi but it costs half the price, we are selling a fake product for a real price.Walter Smith bought or accepted to manage these players. They are not performing. Does the fact that other teams are dropping points make it acceptable that we are. We are a product and have to be judged on whether we are getting value for money. In my eyes we are not. I am judging that on that we have a far bigger budget than Aberdeen. Surely we should the expect to pass the the ball better than them?