Grantly Group ââ?¬â?? insolvencies, dissolutions and breaches of the Companies Acts

Good question.

The proper protocols, as far as I am aware, is that an interested party will notify their interest in the business and will enter into a non-disclosure agreement (effectively a confidentiality agreement) and, once signed off (which needs to be done by both interested party and current owner(s) ) they will be allowed to enter into their due diligence.

The confidentiality wouldn't necessarily preclude the interested party from declaring their interest but it will most definitely prevent them from making public any information that they obtain during the due diligence process.

SDM would most definitely be aware of this - assuming of course, that the "100k of due diligence" is from bona fide due diligence and not from Duffy's own team working out strategic plans etc prior to going to SDM/Lloyds/Rangers to request proper due diligence.

So basically the quote about the �£100,000 for due diligence , could be bullshit , sorry ignore this point as it,s a bit stupid . The whole Duffy thing could be bullshit .

Hey pal, less of the "Bermuda" statements ;)

Not strictly true regarding Bermuda, it depends on the ownership type of the company (individual, private entity, public entity, Trust etc). However, you did only use it as an example and there are certainly other jurisdictions where no financials need be completed and/or published.

Sorry, but as you know, it's what I'm most familiar with. :)

If someone like Duffy had a company registered in Bermuda, then it's my understanding that it wouldn't need accounts, given that it would likely fall under such a category.

This story has reached the STV this morning...

http://sport.stv.tv/football/141009-rangers-fans-question-graham-duffys-business-past/

Despite the disappointing comments from serving RST board members elsewhere about the author of this thread and the forums where he posts, it's good to know that at least some bears are doing their homework before permitting themselves to be quoted by various sources in conjunction with Duffy's bid. Of course Mr Duffy may be completely above board but this example shows just how vital it is for the wider Rangers support to be involved in any appraisal of prospective new owners (and schemes involving us to buy the club).

This story has reached the STV this morning...

http://sport.stv.tv/football/141009-rangers-fans-question-graham-duffys-business-past/

Despite the disappointing comments from serving RST board members elsewhere about the author of this thread and the forums where he posts, it's good to know that at least some bears are doing their homework before permitting themselves to be quoted by various sources in conjunction with Duffy's bid. Of course Mr Duffy may be completely above board but this example shows just how vital it is for the wider Rangers support to be involved in any appraisal of prospective new owners (and schemes involving us to buy the club).

For years now, the natural reaction of the RST to anyone who doesn't unquestioningly fall into line has been "no one likes us, we don't care", which is a whole lot less than helpful. It is also the exact opposite of the role for which they have actually signed up.

After reading the OP it took me five minutes of basic research to reveal very good reasons to check further into Mr Duffy's standing as a businessman, never mind his suitability as an investor in Rangers. Surely this is what the RST leadership should have done immmediately they heard of him, and conveyed any questions first to Mr Duffy for clarification and then via their members to the wider support. Criticising those fans who chose to let some light into the debate is both typical and eternally revealing.

I'll say it again, in my own, strictly personal, opinion the current leadership of the RST is not up to this task and should not be trusted to make any decisions on behalf of you and me.

Surely everyone will make up their own mind whether to invest money, I don't see that it will matter what any Supporters Organisation says or recommends.

And when you've made up your mind, how will you express that decision? Are they proposing to give you a seat at the table because I haven't seen my own invitation fall through the letterbox yet?

And when you've made up your mind, how will you express that decision? Are they proposing to give you a seat at the table because I haven't seen my own invitation fall through the letterbox yet?

It will be one of the many points I would digest before coming to a decision. What do I get for my money!!