I understand completely why many will disagree but I'll stick with what I've said for years and start measuring Richard Gough for the manager's jacket.

I think you could be right. Were not going to get a proven manager given our finances but gough has had a little experience in his brief time with livingston and seen some success in that short time at the club. we will be taking a chance with the next manager and i think gough fits the bill.

He never really set the proverbial Heather alight at Livingstone, did he?

Absolute garbage. Depressing that this bollocks gets trotted out so often.

Livingston were relegation fodder under Lambert, the upturn under Gough and subsequent survival never got the credit it was due. Look that season up for yourself, google is your friend.

Absolute garbage. Depressing that this bollocks gets trotted out so often.

Wow, bit of an overreaction. Cant really be garbage if it wasnt claiming anything. It wasnt a rhetorical question.

Livingston were relegation fodder under Lambert, the upturn under Gough and subsequent survival never got the credit it was due. Look that season up for yourself, google is your friend.

Dont need google when I can ask questions. A "no, actually his record was pretty good" would have sufficed, but at least I now have the info thanks to your post :)

Wow, bit of an overreaction. Cant really be garbage if it wasnt claiming anything. It wasnt a rhetorical question.

Dont need google when I can ask questions. A "no, actually his record was pretty good" would have sufficed, but at least I now have the info thanks to your post :)

It's not the fact you've come out with it, it's the fact you're the latest in a long line of Rangers fans I've heard peddle this myth online. You've obviously heard it said somewhere and gone along with it. Simply ain't the truth of what happened at Livi under Gough. Incidentally they fell to pieces when he left and are now playing Third Division football.

From what I can muster, assuming Goughie took over on November 30 2004 (I found an article dated Dec 1, 2004 which stated he started at Livvy "yesterday") and assuming he saw the season out, his record was :

Won - 7

Drawn - 5

Lost - 10

I don't think that is a particularly bad record given that Livingston were most definitely the poor relation in the SPL. In there is a resounding 3-0 win at Easter Road and a narrow 2-1 loss at Parkhead.

Decent enough record IMO. One thing Goughie wouldn't stand for is anything less than your best EVERY time you step on the pitch. Goram says in his book that in the tunnel before EVERY game Goughie used to simply say "no regrets lads, no regrets" which was meant that you left everything out on the pitch. How we could be doing with some of that.

We could do a lot worse than having people like Gough, Bomber Brown and Ian Ferguson involved in the set up.

Norris... to be fair to bmck I think he did just ask a question ;)

It's not the fact you've come out with it, it's the fact you're the latest in a long line of Rangers fans I've heard peddle this myth online. You've obviously heard it said somewhere and gone along with it. Simply ain't the truth of what happened at Livi under Gough. Incidentally they fell to pieces when he left and are now playing Third Division football.

This is quite true, however I don't think that the reason they fell to pieces was solely due to Gough departing although that is obviously a contributing factor, quite possibly a pivotal one but we don't know.

They were already struggling financially as it was and the financial aspect is likely the largest factor there is, but it is quite telling that Lambert came in and had a run of 12 successive defeats, whilst Gough did not have 12 defeats in his entire time at the club.

I remember hearing he got appointed, and have never heard anything since, much less having heard it from gough hating rangers fans. So sticking that together I assumed he never set the (wee)h eather alight, and indicated my lack of being sure by framing it with a question. There was no myth being peddled, just the dull grumbling of my reasoning faculties working with the duller grumblings of my memory ;)

We could do a lot worse than having people like Gough, Bomber Brown and Ian Ferguson involved in the set up.

I think I've had enough of this old pals act. Nobody in there has the management credentials required to turn us around. We need an experienced manager with a knowledge of world football.

With regard to the Stuttgart point, that for me sums up much of the archaic attitude in Scottish football. We didn't lose the game because we didn't kick them hard enough...christ. The main thing lacking was technique not aggression. Maybe that gives an indication to why the NIAR team constantly got the run around in Europe. The idea that aggression and effort is a substitute to talent and technique.

Edited by Totti

I think I've had enough of this old pals act. Nobody in there has the management credentials required to turn us around. We need an experienced manager with a knowledge of world football.

With regard to the Stuttgart point, that for me sums up much of the archaic attitude in Scottish football. We didn't lose the game because we didn't kick them hard enough...christ. The main thing lacking was technique not aggression. Maybe that gives an indication to why the NIAR team constantly got the run around in Europe. The idea that aggression and effort is a substitute to talent and technique.

I don't think I'd have Brown anywhere near the place either. But come on, think about how the entire support would feel when they heard an announcement that Richard Gough was the new Rangers manager and his assistant would be Ian Ferguson. Electrified comes to mind. I would be. Whatever else lay ahead it wouldn't be half-hearted.

As for experience, that's what we have at the moment. You want it, you got it.

I don't think I'd have Brown anywhere near the place either. But come on, think about how the entire support would feel when they heard an announcement that Richard Gough was the new Rangers manager and his assistant would be Ian Ferguson. Electrified comes to mind. I would be. Whatever else lay ahead it wouldn't be half-hearted.

As for experience, that's what we have at the moment. You want it, you got it.

I possibly forgot to add a prerequisite of being a good manager as well as having the experience...