RST - we can't go on like this

It's hard to believe it now but I originally started out to make a serious point here. My personal opinion is that the RST has, by any measure, been an appalling failure. Anyone who feels this is not true is entitled to their opinion but might be a more constructive debater if they would simply fill in the blanks on all those achievements that deny my proposition. Simply acknowledging that the RST hasn't achieved anything yet and denying the relevance of timeliness is making a mockery out of a parody and I'm grateful for the help.

However, what has really come out of this so far is only confirmation that there can be and will be no reconciliation. There will be no setting aside of conflicting opinions and asipring to it is simply wasting more time. If any of you have the slightest hope for the RST then you need to accept that only by starting again will any progress be made. Assuming that the current RST board has even the slightest interest in benefiting the support, this should be an easy proposition for them to accept.

Remember, no one that I know of has ever condemned the RST per se, only those running it and the direction in which they have taken it.

To be pedantic the mission will have been accomplished therefore how can it not be mission accomplished? It seems rather petty to me if all thats left to say at the end is 'Yeah we got supporter ownership but the RST didn't do it all by themselves, what a bunch of failures'

I think a major problem in all of this is people who want recognition for things rather than focusing on getting the job done or doing what is right.

As maineflyer says you arent being pedantic at all, you are being simplistic.

If you saw a paper headline which said "Mission Accomplished" what would you expect the content to be ? I would expect it to be that whomever the article is about have undertaken some project or other aim and done something to achieve it, thereby completing the said mission.

Just what have the RST done to bring about fan ownership ? Other than jumping on the coat tails of the "only show in town" (insert any of said proposed investor's names here). Sorry, this last sentence is a tad facetious but the reality remains that fan ownership will have come about not because of the RST but because of SDM's financial troubles and the fact that any proposed investor doesn't want to be on the hook themselves.

Not one piece of accomplishing the mission will have been down to the RST because, as it stands, they are merely a voice on the outside looking to be inside. That is the reality of the situation.

It's hard to believe it now but I originally started out to make a serious point here. My personal opinion is that the RST has, by any measure, been an appalling failure. Anyone who feels this is not true is entitled to their opinion but might be a more constructive debater if they would simply fill in the blanks on all those achievements that deny my proposition. Simply acknowledging that the RST hasn't achieved anything yet and denying the relevance of timeliness is making a mockery out of a parody and I'm grateful for the help.

However, what has really come out of this so far is only confirmation that there can be and will be no reconciliation. There will be no setting aside of conflicting opinions and asipring to it is simply wasting more time. If any of you have the slightest hope for the RST then you need to accept that only by starting again will any progress be made. Assuming that the current RST board has even the slightest interest in benefiting the support, this should be an easy proposition for them to accept.

Remember, no one that I know of has ever condemned the RST per se, only those running it and the direction in which they have taken it.

Can I ask you what direction you believe the RST has now taken?

I believe there has been a significant spike in uptake which can only be good news for Rangers as a whole.

Genuine question.

Why would a significant uptake in RST membership represent good news for Rangers as a whole ? What have the RST accomplished which is favourable ?

Or do you mean that it shows more fans are showing an interest in the financial future of the club ?

Genuine question as I am not entirely sure just what the RST have achieved

As maineflyer says you arent being pedantic at all, you are being simplistic.

If you saw a paper headline which said "Mission Accomplished" what would you expect the content to be ? I would expect it to be that whomever the article is about have undertaken some project or other aim and done something to achieve it, thereby completing the said mission.

Just what have the RST done to bring about fan ownership ? Other than jumping on the coat tails of the "only show in town" (insert any of said proposed investor's names here). Sorry, this last sentence is a tad facetious but the reality remains that fan ownership will have come about not because of the RST but because of SDM's financial troubles and the fact that any proposed investor doesn't want to be on the hook themselves.

Not one piece of accomplishing the mission will have been down to the RST because, as it stands, they are merely a voice on the outside looking to be inside. That is the reality of the situation.

We could go round in circles again and again, putting up with facetious remarks both here and on articles on other forums but what good will it do.

The bottom line remains, it doesn't matter who brings the club to the fans, as long as they do. You seem hell bent on slating the RST for not doing this despite the fact it has a very real chance of happening regardless.

I realise the RST and fan ownership are not two things which MUST come hand in hand but its almost like you would be happy for fan ownership NOT to come to fruition just to spite the RST?(Apologies if that's incorrect but I certainly get the feeling that even if the RST had the best ideas in the world and implemented them effectively; certain people would still be complaining)

Can I ask you what direction you believe the RST has now taken?

Of course you can. I believe there has been no change whatsoever. It's any direction and every direction. Depends who's asking, depends who's answering. The RST is still leaking the occasional word, retracting it, denying it ever said that, or said anything, unless you speak to another board member and it might be different. Disorganised, ill-disciplined, seat of the pants strategy. Jumping on any passing bandwagon that provides a moment in the limelight. But nothing tangible or useful will ever be delivered. That's how it always has been and will be with the current board.

Of course you can. I believe there has been no change whatsoever. It's any direction and every direction. Depends who's asking, depends who's answering. The RST is still leaking the occasional word, retracting it, denying it ever said that, or said anything, unless you speak to another board member and it might be different. Disorganised, ill-disciplined, seat of the pants strategy. Jumping on any passing bandwagon that provides a moment in the limelight. But nothing tangible or useful will ever be delivered. That's how it always has been and will be with the current board.

Excuse my lack of knowledge of any other websites but did you have these complaints 2 years ago?

If, as you say there has been no change whatsoever since inception then did you voice these concerns then? I only ask due to your 'current board' comments.