RST - we can't go on like this

Genuine question.

Why would a significant uptake in RST membership represent good news for Rangers as a whole ? What have the RST accomplished which is favourable ?

Or do you mean that it shows more fans are showing an interest in the financial future of the club ?

Genuine question as I am not entirely sure just what the RST have achieved

I mean it shows more fans are taking an interest in the club. More fans are throwing their weight behind the only organisation who appear to be doing anything.

Excuse my lack of knowledge of any other websites but did you have these complaints 2 years ago?

If, as you say there has been no change whatsoever since inception then did you voice these concerns then? I only ask due to your 'current board' comments.

While I didn't specifically mark the calendar, I'd say it's nearer four years since I started to notice the profound discrepancy between claims/words and teh substance of the RST. Yes, I've been voicing my fears and opinions ever since. Sometimes even I get bored by it but I'll tell you what .... I'm not wrong. The problem for you and yours is that, increasingly, more of the support agrees with me and disagrees with you. Telling ... isn't it?

We could go round in circles again and again, putting up with facetious remarks both here and on articles on other forums but what good will it do.

The bottom line remains, it doesn't matter who brings the club to the fans, as long as they do. You seem hell bent on slating the RST for not doing this despite the fact it has a very real chance of happening regardless.

I realise the RST and fan ownership are not two things which MUST come hand in hand but its almost like you would be happy for fan ownership NOT to come to fruition just to spite the RST?(Apologies if that's incorrect but I certainly get the feeling that even if the RST had the best ideas in the world and implemented them effectively; certain people would still be complaining)

I just re-read your post in post 9. My apologies as you are quite right in that it would be mission accomplished from a fans perspective. I took your post to mean that the RST were pivotal in that role.

I still take exception to you stating that the RST aren't solely responsible for it - I dont believe they actually play any part in achieving the aim other than administrating it.

I am not hell bent on slating the RST at all, you completely misunderstand me there. I am a life member and support the RST's aims, or at least the aims they had prior to the implosion 18 months ago. I felt so strongly about the RST's aims that I personally paid for 10 members of Gersnet to become members of the RST. Not exactly the actions of someone "hell-bent on slating the RST" would you not agree ?

I personally don't have time for personal agenda and ego being the driving force behind any organisation that should be looking at the betterment of the club as its SOLE purpose.

And to put that in perspective.... would those who are perceived to be driven by personal agenda resign from the RST if it meant that the RST would garner widespread support from the fans ? I suspect the answer would be in the negative.

I mean it shows more fans are taking an interest in the club. More fans are throwing their weight behind the only organisation who appear to be doing anything.

Cheers OOA. I would agree with your first sentence then.

Not sure I agree with your second one given the announcement from the Assembly yesterday though.

While I didn't specifically mark the calendar, I'd say it's nearer four years since I started to notice the profound discrepancy between claims/words and teh substance of the RST. Yes, I've been voicing my fears and opinions ever since. Sometimes even I get bored by it but I'll tell you what .... I'm not wrong. The problem for you and yours is that, increasingly, more of the support agrees with me and disagrees with you. Telling ... isn't it?

Do you have any evidence of that? Most of the support agrees that the RST needs a new board?

I believe most of the support is barely aware of what the RST is never mind who is on the board.

I've already answered. What makes you think I would know the numbers? Judging by other websites and relevant conversations I've had it's blatant to see there has been a spike in memberships.

Oh, only the fact you're prepared to claim what I already know you are unable to substantiate. The only thing around here that's blatant is the degree to which you're prepared to fabricate to support your position.

Come on, give us a laugh. David Egdar publically lied on air to a Radio Scotland interviewer when he claimed a membership of 5000 some months ago. What ridiculous number are you prepared to invent?

Here's a tip that the rest of the RST could do with taking on board ..... try honesty for a change. If you're so ashamed of your achievements, step aide rather than continue the lie.

Do you have any evidence of that? Most of the support agrees that the RST needs a new board?

I believe most of the support is barely aware of what the RST is never mind who is on the board.

Yes, I have the evidence.

No I didn't say most - I said more - read it. Like I said, stop the dishonesty, you don't have to make up everything.