It has nothing to do with off shore, it has all to do with expecting the public, the public being Rangers fans, to entrust your idea with cash. At the same time as refusing to reveal all about your business structure and affairs, if you feel comfortable with that scenario I wish you luck, it wouldn't get past a junior bank officer in the real world.

Questions do ned to be asked. However I don't see the need for him to give intimate details about his business affairs, particularly at this point.

It's a scenario I work in, day-in, day out, so I am quite comfortable with it.

edit: Perhaps because I am so familar with it, I'm more comfortable than most, and that doesn't mean that detailed questions shouldn't be asked, but I guess I just see that it doesn't have to be a "bad" thing.

Edited by Bluedell

Can anyone remind me in a few brief words exactly why it is we are giving credence to Mr Duffy's reported interest in Rangers. This isn't sarcasm, or even mischief, just that I've completely forgotten why his 'plans' have apparently acquired more substance that any other. Is it because he really is the only show in town or because he's the one the RST have engaged with or because he has made some tangible moves that I've missed? Please, this is a genuine question.

Can anyone remind me in a few brief words exactly why it is we are giving credence to Mr Duffy's reported interest in Rangers. This isn't sarcasm, or even mischief, just that I've completely forgotten why his 'plans' have apparently acquired more substance that any other. Is it because he really is the only show in town or because he's the one the RST have engaged with or because he has made some tangible moves that I've missed? Please, this is a genuine question.
#

No-one else has indicated an interest yet - formally or informally.

Obviously the extent of Duffy's own plans is open to debate as, like you say, there's not a lot to hang your hat on.

Like anything to do with the club at the moment, we're basing our debate on hope rather than expectation at this stage.

#

No-one else has indicated an interest yet - formally or informally.

Obviously the extent of Duffy's own plans is open to debate as, like you say, there's not a lot to hang your hat on.

Like anything to do with the club at the moment, we're basing our debate on hope rather than expectation at this stage.

Thanks Frankie. I suddenly started doubting what I knew but that sorts it.

Gentlemen, thanks for the warm welcome on to your forum. A poster remarked on his welcome to me was that there is a lot a intelligent people on this forum, and I should take the time to read through the various threads and digest what is being said and argued. Having duly taken my time to read through the threads and posts, this gentleman was correct in his statement about clever people contributing to the discussions. I can surmise from the arguments on this particular thread there is one or more lawyer and accountant contributing, which makes one more intimidated to post,. Any post is far more scrutinized by the professional eye than would be the norm from the mainstream Bear. Like most professionals they have the eye for detail and do read in detail any small print in any agreement, and this I feel is where we are being confused. As yet there is no agreement to mull over, no small print to scrutinised so therefore leaves any arguments redundant at this juncture. I am lead to believe an consortium is in place with the finances to approach SDM in the near future, where hopefully an agreement will conclude with all the necessary legal jargon and watertight small print to satisfy the intelligentsia amongst us. I don't think Mr Graham Duffy has anything or little to do with the consortium I mentioned, However my eyes, ears and nose are neither as clear, good nor as long as they once used to be. I will try to keep you posted should I receive any information, I am however keeping my eyes peeled that my head is not trampled on whilst I have my ear to the ground in this time of rumour and conjecture. Patience is a virgin, it neither likes to be rushed or forced to give up it's prize.

AWBSAS, you're correct in what you say about the detail.

Can I just clarify? My impression is that Duffy is part of a conosrtium that hasn't been made public yet. Are you referring to a different consortium, or the same one and just that Duffy has very little part in it?

Do we have two parties interested in the club, or just the one?

AWBSAS, you're correct in what you say about the detail.

Can I just clarify? My impression is that Duffy is part of a conosrtium that hasn't been made public yet. Are you referring to a different consortium, or the same one and just that Duffy has very little part in it?

Do we have two parties interested in the club, or just the one?

I am being told Mr Duffy has little input into the consortium lead by the name i mentioned, whether he was being used willingly or not, or indeed is involved only time will tell. No one outside the core consortium has all the information.

I am being told Mr Duffy has little input into the consortium lead by the name i mentioned, whether he was being used willingly or not, or indeed is involved only time will tell. No one outside the core consortium has all the information.

How does the Souness connection square with his Murray friendship?