The fat slug that is Maguire was , along with the discredited journalist , basking in our turmoil on the radio tonight and they almost couldn't help themselves when talking about , Boyd who the say " has played this to perfection " ie he has manufactured the fact we are skint , I really cannot stand bitter martin , in fact I dont even know why I listen , need to retune my radio

None of them know anything about what's going on, and that's what is hurting them the most. I heard Spiers voice by accident while driving home tonight, and instantly switched off Clyde; I heard Euan Cameron quoting some stats that made Walter Smith out to be our worst ever European manager. Off.

I know it's all to drive traffic to their shows. But it's the equivalent of finding a powerful transmitter and screaming 'I'm an idiot!!!' at the top of your voice.

The bottom line whatever you think of Boyd, is that Rangers i.e. Bain WS have handed Boyd all the aces in any negotiations, they can spin any way they like, if he goes it is because they fucked up big time, WS didn't and doesn't rate him so no way Bain would sanction the money to keep him, I just hope that if he does go he makes it big time, another WS failure to regognise the real deal.

That's not true.

Smith is the man, along with McCoist, who has turned Boyd from a poacher with no other attributes (and question marks over his fitness) to a far better all round player who, I would say, is unlikely to keel over should we play another Cup Final in the sunshine.

Far from failing, I think getting Kris Boyd to go someway to realising his potential ranks as one of Smith's finest achievements!

Unsure what to make of Bain's actions of late...

Sure he seems to have improved his game but is that because he genuinely wants to or because his highly paid job is under threat if a new owner comes in.

I'd much prefer actions over words but I also won't ignore the improvement we have seen.

I can understand why you would be more cynical than me, given the way he treated the RST whilst you were involved there.

I think, much like Walter's position, Bain knows that any new owner will probably want their own man sooner or later, and that he has nothing really to gain/lose no matter what he does over coming days/weeks/months. I really believe that, without Murray's leash, he is doing a much better job than before. Does that now mean that my previous criticism that he was not qualified to do the job as he had no experience of this type of job, and our club is no place for a rookie at such an important position is now no longer valid. No. Do I now expect contract negotiations to be handled much differently than before, probably not.

But in things like backing the fans, and sticking up for the club, there has been a marked change in direction in recent weeks. I suppose I am just being thankful for anything positive from any area just now amongst a lot of gloomy stuff going on.

That's not true.

Smith is the man, along with McCoist, who has turned Boyd from a poacher with no other attributes (and question marks over his fitness) to a far better all round player who, I would say, is unlikely to keel over should we play another Cup Final in the sunshine.

Far from failing, I think getting Kris Boyd to go someway to realising his potential ranks as one of Smith's finest achievements!

It is very true, as you will no doubt discover when Boyd is joe the toff.