News & Reports on Rangers Youth Teams

Allegedly from a Rangers supporting family

No allegedly about it elfi. I have met the family on a few occasions and definitely a Rangers supporting family. A nice family and the kid is very grounded, a quiet young boy and very respectful. Excellent player too. Sad to see him leave in all honesty.

And given the change in philosophy at the Club I would hope that the family are second-guessing having left the Club now too.... our current style is perfect for the kid.

Edited by craig

Which player are we talking about lads? Young zak is from my neck of the woods in possilpark all rangers daft

Younger than Zak Rudden. No mentioning of names as that would be inappropriate for a 10 yr old.

At that age he can always come back , kids swap all the time

Of course - we would more than likely have to pay a fee given Celtic paid a fee to get him - although, that said, you often do hear of OF teams releasing players that they had previously spend money purchasing - notably Sinclair....

I used the term "allegedly" as in my opinion a true Rangers fan wouldn't let their kid near them.

As a former Possil boy myself I can state Zak Rudden is not from Possil but from Edinburgh. You are getting him confused with a younger player with a similar surname.

Rangers currently have 17 year old Rory Currie on trial, he left for the dark side after U13's for a development fee, they released him just as the transfer window closed.

I used the term "allegedly" as in my opinion a true Rangers fan wouldn't let their kid near them.

As a former Possil boy myself I can state Zak Rudden is not from Possil but from Edinburgh. You are getting him confused with a younger player with a similar surname.

Rangers currently have 17 year old Rory Currie on trial, he left for the dark side after U13's for a development fee, they released him just as the transfer window closed.

To each his own I guess elfi - if the parents don't think their kid is being developed well enough then they are at liberty to move them, and there is only one real option in West Central Scotland when moving from one OF team.... I'm not saying that is the reason for leaving, as there could be others - plenty of others in fact. And if you want the best for your kid you will take them to the best available to you.

That said.... I wouldn't want my kid playing for them either - but would I allow him ? If that is what he wanted then I would, or if he wasnt getting a chance at Rangers then I would, but I would always prefer he was with Rangers.

Let them spend money on our players for development fees.... then release them so we can pick them up again and re-develop them.....

I think our record at the younger age groups is far better than theirs so we clearly develop them well at the younger age groups - and I suspect the new philosophy will also see better performances and results at the older youth age groups too.