News & Reports on Rangers Youth Teams

Enjoyed that today. The tournament was well run although i did get annoyed that in the short time between games they did interviews with coaches and then when the two new teams entered the field they played blaring music until after the teams lined up and shook hands with each other. Why not do away with the music and name the teams as they enter the field. That meant they were blaring out the names of the players for the first 5 minutes of the game.

I met a group of Rangers supporters from Baillieston who were going on to Hamburg. 

Against Fulham the two teams were pretty equal with Rangers maybe just shading it and as I stated above Zak Rudden should have scored when he ran through on the keeper. Glen Middleton is a constant threat and lightening quick for such a short guy. He does need to learn to be less greedy imo though. I really had expected a lot of Serge Atakayi but was totally disappointed in him. he was even subbed against Red Bull. His work rate was low and the other players were also getting annoyed at his input.

Against Red Bull apart from the 2 really good chances i mentioned with Middleton going through on the keeper and shooting wide and Zak Rudden heading over from about 6 yards we also missed a golden chance when we broke with 3 players against 1 Red Bull defender. The Red Bull defender did not have to do much as the Rangers players mucked it up themselves. Red Bull had thrown everything forward at that time as they needed to win. the goal for Red Bull was just poor defending  with a through ball to a player who slipped it past McCrorie. I don't think McCrorie had one difficult save to make in the two games today. We really should have had full points.

Other things,

I saw a goal from one of the hardest free kicks I have ever seen. It was Peter Lorimeresque. It was from one of the German amateur teams. The guy hit the ball I am sure from 35mtrs+ and it screamed into the top right-hand postage stamp, hit the back stanchion bulleted back down and hit the back of the post and bounced back up to the roof of the net. What a goal.

The Stuttgart striker also scored a cracker taking a cross on the full volley from the corner of the 16mtrs sending it screaming into the right hand postage stamp roof of the net.

One negative. I still have not seen a Rangers team win this season. Could it be me?:(

13 hours ago, craig said:

When did we release Niyah Joseph elfi?? What was the reason ?  Always thought he was a decent wee player

He left to join Hamilton just before the summer transfer window closed. To be fair he wasn't going to be a regular starter for Rangers and it was probably a mutual decision. Seems to have done well at Hamilton but been a sub in recent games.