People I know who follow French football closely said he'd been a shadow of himself for years and had no consistency whatsoever. Shame our scouts and management staff don't pay the same amount of attention to world football.

People I know who follow French football closely said he'd been a shadow of himself for years and had no consistency whatsoever. Shame our scouts and management staff don't pay the same amount of attention to world football.

Barry Ferguson was a shadow of his former self in recent seasons at Ibrox, but is now playing very well in the EPL & many other off form players regain some or all of their previous levels when moving to a different league & club, so you can't judge a player solely on their form. Rothen was & still is a talented player who was good enough to get 34 games for PSG last season & almost the same number of games the season before (32 or something). The season before that it was 27 & before that 28 games he played. Last season he was only subbed 12 times from the 34 games he played & it was always very late in the game when PSG were chasing the game for a result & throwing on fresh legs for the last 10 mins. He didn't score a lot of goals mind you, only netting 3 per season for the past couple of years, but I'm sure that he wasn't being selected for so many games for PSG because he was a goal threat. I'm not saying he's been the same player in recent seasons that Prso played with in Monaco 6 or 7 seasons ago, but that doesn't mean he wasn't worth a punt as an option for our Champions League campaign. Also, we didn't lose a single one of those CL games simply because Rothen wasn't playing as we'd hoped he might. It's a team game & there were other offenders in the poor performance charts for those games who are on big contracts here that we paid millions & millions of pounds for.

Seems Rothen isn't flavour of the month around here.

Personally I think he's been extremely unfairly and harshly dealt with - he did seem to get the blame for our loss to Unirea, which is called scapegoating and unwarranted. Since that match he's simply been frozen out and has the dignity not to slag off our club in any way - he blames bad luck and nothing else. Yet almost everyone here character assassinates him?

I sense a bit of the Buffels about him - he's just a player that Walter doesn't fancy, who doesn't fit in - no matter how good or otherwise he may be.

Have we all forgotten how good Rothen was in Germany?

Seems Rothen isn't flavour of the month around here.

Personally I think he's been extremely unfairly and harshly dealt with - he did seem to get the blame for our loss to Unirea, which is called scapegoating and unwarranted. Since that match he's simply been frozen out and has the dignity not to slag off our club in any way - he blames bad luck and nothing else. Yet almost everyone here character assassinates him?

I sense a bit of the Buffels about him - he's just a player that Walter doesn't fancy, who doesn't fit in - no matter how good or otherwise he may be.

Have we all forgotten how good Rothen was in Germany?

Rothen had the dreaded swine flu so that's the reason he hasn't featured recently. If he was fully fit I don't think he'd get a game anyway.

Him and Whittaker were terrible against Unirea at Ibrox.