The Lafferty Question

I resent fans who give Lafferty abuse when they should be taking him playing out of position into consideration. But they don't.

Same guys gave PL abuse when he too was wasted on the wing rather than up front. And I seem to recall even Arveladze didn't get an easy ride when he too was isolated on the left.

So this is just another thread giving Lafferty abuse for the sake of doing so.

Turf Moore no more for Gow

Published Date: 22 June 2008

By Martyn Robinson

""RANGERS midfielder Alan Gow has snubbed a move to Turf Moor, claiming that he isn't prepared to leave the club he supported as a child.

Gow, capped once for Scotland's 'B' team, was part of the transfer deal that saw Burnley's Kyle Lafferty move to Ibrox for �£3.25Million, but has decided against a move to East Lancashire to stay in Glasgow and fight for his place.

Because Gow is now not included in the deal, Burnley have received a further undisclosed payment thought to be between �£500,000 and �£750,000 which is the value of the 6'4" attacking midfielder.

""

Laugherty may be a lot of things, but a striker nor a footballer of sufficient quality to justify his extortionate fee are neither.

He had another disaster today. I want to see a good player in him but i am afraid i can't up until now. He should have been red carded for a despicable tackle on Robson(I think). As far as i could see he was marking McDonald when McDonald scored. Three of our players in front of goal and he tries to shoot from the right wing and slices the ball high into the crowd. We could have got much better for a lot less money i am sure of that.

When he plays wide i dont rate him , however when played through the center for his countrty he has been brilliant , against much better teams . Maybe he can take over from Boyd as the new whipping boy !!

Turf Moore no more for Gow

Published Date: 22 June 2008

By Martyn Robinson

""RANGERS midfielder Alan Gow has snubbed a move to Turf Moor, claiming that he isn't prepared to leave the club he supported as a child.

Gow, capped once for Scotland's 'B' team, was part of the transfer deal that saw Burnley's Kyle Lafferty move to Ibrox for �£3.25Million, but has decided against a move to East Lancashire to stay in Glasgow and fight for his place.

Because Gow is now not included in the deal, Burnley have received a further undisclosed payment thought to be between �£500,000 and �£750,000 which is the value of the 6'4" attacking midfielder.

""

Laugherty may be a lot of things, but a striker nor a footballer of sufficient quality to justify his extortionate fee are neither.

There are so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to begin. So I won't.

He had another disaster today. I want to see a good player in him but i am afraid i can't up until now. He should have been red carded for a despicable tackle on Robson(I think). As far as i could see he was marking McDonald when McDonald scored. Three of our players in front of goal and he tries to shoot from the right wing and slices the ball high into the crowd. We could have got much better for a lot less money i am sure of that.

Is he the latest scapegoat? This thread would suggest so. Yes, his tackle on Robson was out of order, and sure, he wasted a move forward later on, but he tracked back and defended as much as he could given we had ZERO impetus going forward. Did you all expect him to come in from the cold, forge an immediate partnership with Boyd and immediately play like the ghost of Van Basten?

It seems to me that now Rothen has been effectively given his marching orders, we need a new 'big reputation' character to assassinate, and Lafferty fits the bill.

Kyle Lafferty

Forward

Club: Glasgow Rangers

Position: striker/left-midfielder

Date of birth: 16th September 1987

Place of birth: Enniskillen

Height: 6'4; Weight: 11.0

http://www.irishfa.com/squad-profiles/2057/senior/kyle-lafferty-forward/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We know he is not a striker, some goalkeepers have a better scoring ratio. So what does that leave....maybe the IFA don't know what they are talking about either. Bottom line, waste of money and wages, money that could be used to keep Kris Boyd. :)

Still waiting for the many wrong things to be pointed out Danny...:giruy:

Edited by wabashcannonball

Kyle Lafferty

Forward

Club: Glasgow Rangers

Position: striker/left-midfielder

Date of birth: 16th September 1987

Place of birth: Enniskillen

Height: 6'4; Weight: 11.0

http://www.irishfa.com/squad-profiles/2057/senior/kyle-lafferty-forward/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We know he is not a striker, some goalkeepers have a better scoring ratio. So what does that leave....maybe the IFA don't know what they are talking about either. Bottom line, waste of money and wages, money that could be used to keep Kris Boyd. :)

Still waiting for the many wrong things to be pointed out Danny...:giruy:

Ok, I'll bite.

First off our own club website lists him as a striker. Not a winger, not 'Martyn's 'attacking midfielder' but a striker.

Secondly, his striking ratio last season, given he was been isolated out on the left wing for much of it, is 14 goals in 46 matches including 5 assists. He was rarely ever given a run in his preferred slot up front, but had unreal bad luck in that the two matches where he finally got that slot saw him get an injury right on half time in both games - one for his country where he'd run the line to perfection against Poland including a fantastic goal, and one for us where he'd run the line to perfection against Hearts including a fantastic goal.

Then there was his opening goal against Dundee Utd in the match which won us the league...

I've found though that Boyd fans generally can't stand Lafferty, and won't give him credit for anything. The boy has plenty of ability, but it won't be nurtured by chopping and changing his position and/or using him sparingly.

Look how your lad Boyd has excelled given a run in the team.

Yet Lafferty's just 'shite' despite not being given the same opportunity.