Gersnet totally unusable with snow animation

Surely those rusty old things were for exclusive school 'use'. I never saw one of them outside one.

We got one from one of our parents friends who was a school psychologist, but surely it must have been possible to buy one outwith education? I remember getting addicted to a game called Chuckie Egg, a golf game called Birdie Barrage and a space game called Elite. At least I think it was on the BBC I played Elite. My memory really isn't what it used to be. :whistle:

We got one from one of our parents friends who was a school psychologist, but surely it must have been possible to buy one outwith education? I remember getting addicted to a game called Chuckie Egg, a golf game called Birdie Barrage and a space game called Elite. At least I think it was on the BBC I played Elite. My memory really isn't what it used to be. :whistle:

Chuckie Egg was on the Spectrum too iirc. And I never played Elite but a friend used to be obsessed with it.

Ah the old BBC. I'm sure I had that, as well as a ZX81.

I was clearing out my parent's loft yesterday and found my very first game for the TV:

0406b.png

Got it for my Chruistmas one year and thought is was as cool as. Also had a gun for it and could shoot the spot on the TV. :cool:

LOL dell, that brings back memories! Used to have that on the old Atari console that took game cartridges & also had a little console that was even older than the Atari console (IIRC) which was dedicated to this game I think. Was it called 'Pong' or something like that? I remember the console had these paddles which had a big rotary dial on them. You could play against the computer as well IIRC & if you won a level your bat got smaller & the ball speeded up. Must be about 25 years ago since I played that... :)