Smith leaves his spine at home again...

Key players out or not our performance was a disgrace yesterday. We should abosolutely no ambition to win yesterday. No movement, no will to win the ball. Just eleven players static watching a second rate opposition run rings around us.

Im absolutely disgusted by smiths aproach to this game. We could have made far more effort than we did but he chose to roll over and have his arse spanked.

the winds of good fortune and circumstance blow in his favour yet again.

Key players out or not our performance was a disgrace yesterday. We should abosolutely no ambition to win yesterday. No movement, no will to win the ball. Just eleven players static watching a second rate opposition run rings around us.

Im absolutely disgusted by smiths aproach to this game. We could have made far more effort than we did but he chose to roll over and have his arse spanked.

I agree that we were damn lucky but you cannot disregard the players that we had missing , especially on a squad as small as ours , Madjid , Miller and Thomson were all hugh losses , ( well maybe not so much Thomson on this seasons form) .

If the boot had been on the other foot and they had come to Ibrox with 7 first team regulars missing and got that result whilst 7 ponts clear they would be singing from the rooftops , it's not always about the performance it's results like yesterday that wins leagues

Rubbish.

With the players we had missing we had the best team out there that we could.If our players can't pass or control the ball on the day it's hardly the fault of WS,the players played pish end of IMO.

Rubbish.

With the players we had missing we had the best team out there that we could.If our players can't pass or control the ball on the day it's hardly the fault of WS,the players played pish end of IMO.

correct Ian. im talking about the players who where on the park, not the ones off it. What i witnessed yesterday was capitulation from the offset. They stood back and let a third rate Celtic side run over the top of them. I have never witnessed such a shambles in an old firm game.

correct Ian. im talking about the players who where on the park, not the ones off it. What i witnessed yesterday was capitulation from the offset. They stood back and let a third rate Celtic side run over the top of them. I have never witnessed such a shambles in an old firm game.

You are blaming Smith are you not, the thread title states that. :confused:

Who are you blaming ?,the players or WS ?

You need to get your story straight gisa. Is it Smith to blame or ther players ?

What more could Smith done with such a threadbare squad ?

Our subs yesterday were : Alexander, Smith, Wylde, Ness, Fleck, Little, Edu

The reason that was our bench ? Because everyone else was injured.

So given those that he had available just who else could he have called upon ? Fleck ? Sure, he could have played instead of Lafferty but IIRC when Fleck played at Parkhead last season he got yanked at HT because he was playing poorly. Plus, Lafferty has been part of a winning team so why make too many changes ?

Smith ? Wouldnt get in ahead of Papac so only other position would be to play him LM - and if Smith had done that he would be accused of being too defensive.

Ness, Wylde, Little - absolutely no need to even start saying why playing any of these guys would have been stupid.

Smith can only pick his team from what he has and I defy anyone to say, WITHOUT HINDSIGHT, that the starting XI yesterday was the right one.

He cant take the players 1st touch for him, he cant increase their work rate for them, he cant be creative for them - when they step over that white line the responsibility lies with them.

All of our pacy, mobile, creative players were missing yesterday (except Davis, and he had to get punted wider right) so I fail to see why we should have expected much different.

Sometimes you have to see through your own agenda

We didn't play because we couldn't. We had too many key players absent, and alien players in from the cold or out of position.

If any of our fans expected our recent form to continue despite our problems, they were being very naive.

I admit that we were horribly poor, even beyond the mitigating circumstances, but why is it that most these players and manager should be shot dead when they were being praised on Wednesday night? And after the Hibs slaughter?