Smith Resigned To Losing Young Stars

Can't believe this. It is clear that agents have ruined the game. Soon team loyalty will be a thing of the past. I hope to God we can hang on to these two till their early twenties at least. Otherwise we should scrap youth policies and sell Murray Park. I'm serious; what is the point of rearing our own only to find that we are supplying someone else's first team. What it means for us is that we will need to be satisfied with rejects or players looking to wind down before retirement a la Weir.

Most depressing thing I've heard about the club in a long time, including our financial state.

They don't want to play for Rangers ?, ok then they would not be getting a start in any game,let them see their contracts out in the youth team, ungrateful chunts.

My gut feeling is the same as yours, but cutting off our noses etc. does spring to mind. But yes, they should rot if they really want to leave.

I thought it was all part of the contract game when the story first came out. I'm in shock if this is true. I HOPE that it is a case of waiting another 6 months before the financial situation is more stable at ibrox. no point in signing a long term deal when no-one else knows what's going to happen. We can't afford to bring through promising teenages and get a couple of developmental seasons. got to hang on and get the benefit for a few seasons at least!

English TV money is killing the game. I hope it goes bust.

And to the boys, if they are chasing the money and want to play in the prem... look at hutton - barely used by rednapp at spurs, and he was our star the first half of 07/08. Fleck hasn't done anything of note to date!

My gut feeling is the same as yours, but cutting off our noses etc. does spring to mind. But yes, they should rot if they really want to leave.

I hate that saying,not aimed at you as such mate. So we can't beat Hamilton if Wilson doesn't play,Fleck to a lesser extent ?, I don't believe that for a minute, we have other options IMO.

I hate that saying,not aimed at you as such mate. So we can't beat Hamilton if Wilson doesn't play,Fleck to a lesser extent ?, I don't believe that for a minute, we have other options IMO.

The other options being Boogie if he can be bothered to come home, Weir and McCulloch? That is exactly why we need to hang on to players of this calibre.

As Andrew pointed out these two are unlikely to get a sniff of any EPL side in the short term at least; it could actually wreck their careers.

The other options being Boogie if he can be bothered to come home, Weir and McCulloch? That is exactly why we need to hang on to players of this calibre.

As Andrew pointed out these two are unlikely to get a sniff of any EPL side in the short term at least; it could actually wreck their careers.

The other options are, Broadfoot @ CB and Whittaker @ RB, Papac @ CB and Smith @ LB, even Edu can play CB as he has done for USA

It's sad that they should want money before becoming an established first team player at our great club, who do they think they are ffs greedy gits? You can blame the agents but surely they have a mind of their own and are not stupid.

They are decent players and could become good ones but if they go down south now they won't get any first team games for a few years at least, just look at McCarthy and Easton who moved recently!!!

If they want to go and we get good money for them then good riddance, they will soon find out it was a mistake to leave if they don't get a game and they waste their careers!!!