Smith Resigned To Losing Young Stars

Dont let everything that comes out in the next few weeks freak you out too much , there will be a lot of very worrying headlines over the next wee while . Hoefully none that involve the really important stuff ie results on the field .

The off field things will take care of themselves

Take your point, but they're not great options, are they?

True,however they should still be good enough to beat Hamilton IMO,with due respect to Hamilton, but these players are all first team, experienced players

This reflects the way things are for us at the moment. A couple of seasons back I continuously moaned that we weren't seeing enough home grown players. Now it seems that as soon as one of the youngsters has a decent few games then he wil be offski

Guest Bonkle Bear

Just wonder if this is part of a bigger game being played out. No-one has signed a deal since Smith said the bank were running the club. Losing two of the clubs most promising young players would not go down well with the supporters and many would put the blame at Lloyds door. I really doubt Wilson and Fleck are intent on moving from the club at the moment.

Couple this with the news that the Boyd deal hasn't been sanctioned after Smith saying the club offered him a deal suggests we are seeing a P.R war. Would not be surprised if the consortium who are said to be in talks are pleased to here these neagative stories being associated with Lloyds.

Just wonder if this is part of a bigger game being played out. No-one has signed a deal since Smith said the bank were running the club. Losing two of the clubs most promising young players would not go down well with the supporters and many would put the blame at Lloyds door. I really doubt Wilson and Fleck are intent on moving from the club at the moment.

Couple this with the news that the Boyd deal hasn't been sanctioned after Smith saying the club offered him a deal suggests we are seeing a P.R war. Would not be surprised if the consortium who are said to be in talks are pleased to here these neagative stories being associated with Lloyds.

You're the first to cheer me up today. Hope to God you are right.

Interesting post; always good to see another viewpoint. I'm not convinced yet that there actually are any consortiums in play but I agree with your notion of a PR war, which is almost certainlty going on.

It is all strange, but the worrying thing is that its Smith coming out and making a pretty clear statement, not just hinting at something or being vague about it. Not sure what he'd have to gain by stirring things up like this where those two are concerned.

As for Boyd, other stories said that the contract offer was "sanctioned" in so much as its within the strict wage budget that Bain has control over.

Mike.