Mendes - UPDATE: Will join Sporting over next 48 hours

It was ok in the Advocaat era when players were leaving after 3 seasons to join bigger clubs, Van Bronckhorst to Arsenal for �£8 million for example. But our sheer desperation to sell Hutton after 6 months of good form was so galling and disappointing. I hope examples like that one are a thing of the past.

Hasn't the �£13M price tag put any sensible clubs off buying what to me, is at best a �£3M player?

He's worth a touch more than that calscot :D

One of Brown, McGeady or McDonald will depart this window imo.

I sincerely hope it's McDonald as the funds received for McGeady or Brown would benefit Celtc much more than their footballing ability does.

Hasn't the �£13M price tag put any sensible clubs off buying what to me, is at best a �£3M player?

McGeady is a decent player no doubt about it and good wingers are a rare commodity in many leagues nowadays. However, the lad suffers from inconsistency, poor delivery, average finishing and a dreadful attitude off the pitch.

As such the �£8-14million talked about in the media is unrealistic IMO but with money burning a hole in the pocket of some EPL teams, Celtic may realise some of that if they do decide to sell in the summer. They've spent a fair amount of money this season on their new manager and new players. With no CL football this season and not looking certain for next season, there previous almost debt-free status must be closer to �£10-12million now.

No CL football next season would almost guarantee the sale of McGeady and Boruc.

I'm surprised Boruc is still there tbh. Zaluska is a very capable goalkeeper and Boruc has been blatantly error-prone for 2 years solid (though not as much this season) not to mention looking pretty overweight. Maybe all the big money moves to Arsenal and Bayern Munich he was linked with for years were just a figment of the gutter press' imagination

I'm surprised Boruc is still there tbh. Zaluska is a very capable goalkeeper and Boruc has been blatantly error-prone for 2 years solid (though not as much this season) not to mention looking pretty overweight. Maybe all the big money moves to Arsenal and Bayern Munich he was linked with for years were just a figment of the gutter press' imagination

I don't doubt it. Boruc is another player who has believed the hyperbole from the media in this country.

Sure he's decent but in the last 2 years especially he's been no more than average and I can't see any team wanting to pay over the odds for what looks like a troubled fella.

I don't doubt it. Boruc is another player who has believed the hyperbole from the media in this country.

Sure he's decent but in the last 2 years especially he's been no more than average and I can't see any team wanting to pay over the odds for what looks like a troubled fella.

Borux was probably world class at the 2006 WC, and has produced many cracking saves such as the one V Hibs recently.

He's messed up in his head, yes, but he's second only to McGregor in this country. Cerny being third.