Mendes - UPDATE: Will join Sporting over next 48 hours

I am also heartened by the fact that Walter admitted at long last that Steve Davies was getting messed about out wide right , and that this was the area they were going to have a look at , about time too

Agreed ......... and it's less likely to happen if we stop filling central midfield with disappearing acts like Pedro Mendes who, in my opinion, joins the long list of under-committed and under-performing imports to suck money out of the club for very little return. Can't ever see Mendes bothering his arse to turn in the sort of hard graft display offered by Davis on wednesday.

If we are to bring in new faces I hope the money isn't wasted on has beens.

Also, there were a few members on here who wouldn't give Mendes a starting place in the XI. I wonder how they'll react to this news.

If we are to bring in new faces I hope the money isn't wasted on has beens.

Also, there were a few members on here who wouldn't give Mendes a starting place in the XI. I wonder how they'll react to this news.

I do. i hope they sign me.:cool: I will even play for 3000 a week.:)

What was the Brazilian mid-fielder's name we brought in about 6-10 years ago on the last day? I think he also played for Middlesbrough. We all had high hopes for him and he turned out a lazy cnut.

I do. i hope they sign me.:cool: I will even play for 3000 a week.:)

What was the Brazilian mid-fielder's name we brought in about 6-10 years ago on the last day? I think he also played for Middlesbrough. We all had high hopes for him and he turned out a lazy cnut.

Emerson. He played about the same time as Nuno Capucho