If we hadn't signed Sebo, does anyone else think O'Connor might have been worth a punt? There was a time I thought he was exactly the sort of forward we needed to sign and was a bit confused why AM never went for him.

I can never understand these footballers who are on wads of cash who claim they are homesick. They are a 2 hour flight from there homes. They need to go into the real world and work 18 hours away from home to realise what homesickness can mean.

I can never understand these footballers who are on wads of cash who claim they are homesick. They are a 2 hour flight from there homes. They need to go into the real world and work 18 hours away from home to realise what homesickness can mean.

Russia is a bit more than 2 hours Gribz !

But I know what you mean - they hardly have a rough life of it

Guest wickacademyfc

Well said Gribz m8 - kuuuuuuunts are never happy!!!!

Guest wickacademyfc

Plus I think he should stay and play in a different country.........Scottish players playing in different countries can only improve our national team!!!!

Russia is a bit more than 2 hours Gribz !

But I know what you mean - they hardly have a rough life of it

Well if your being picky ;) it is a few more than 2 hours as I know, but what i meant by the 2 hours things is the likes of Reyes who is a short haul from Spain and is homesick.

Sorry guy's i disagree on this one. Homesick has nothing to do with money. I still after 25 years in Holland still feel homesick at times. Holland has roughly the same culture as Scotland but i can believe that if you are in Russia which has a total different culture, you don't understand the language and possibly you are not happy in your work, then life becomes hard in your head. I would head home if i was him and to be honest i couldn't believe it when he went there. Just because some of us can adapt to life in a foreign country does not mean it is easy for everyone.

Just because some of us can adapt to life in a foreign country does not mean it is easy for everyone.

Exactly. I myself dont get homesick too often when i am away but i know some people who wouldnt even think about leaving here.

If O'Connor is homesick then that shows he's not just in it for the money if he's wanting out of there. I think it would be good if he sticked at it a bit longer though.

From what i hear he's been doing quite well and like wicker says, that can only be good for the national team.