Rangers 2 - 0 St Johnstone: Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Thought Lafferty was pretty poor but wasn't helped by a lack of decent service.

He disappeared in the 2nd half completely and we improved markedly with the addition of Naismith and Little up front as Novo was also poor.

Agree with that for me Naismith and Little should both be higher in the pecking order than Lafferty on last nights performance. Little looked very sharp and Naismith wins more balls in the air than Lafferty could dream of.

He disappeared in the 2nd half completely and we improved markedly with the addition of Naismith and Little up front as Novo was also poor.

Thought we did improve once Little and Naismith were thrown on, point to prove maybe?

Was Lafferty really that bad? I didn't see all the game as I was working but he looked OK in the bits that I saw.

His touch was heavy, he offered no threat, he didn't get himself into good positions and he just looks lost.

The service issue would be valid if it wasn't for the fact that Miller was far better in the 4th SC match V the same team at Ibrox under similar circumstances of poor service.

Maybe it is unfair to compare the two players but when you have silk, cotton's going to be judged on the same terms.

Whilst Alexander had a fairly quiet night and was rarely troubled I can't help but feel the usual "flapper" jibes would be out had McGregor played like that. Palmed one cross away and dropped another at his feet. No biggie, but then I think too much is made of McGregor punching balls away. Sometimes a punch is the best option.

Whilst Alexander had a fairly quiet night and was rarely troubled I can't help but feel the usual "flapper" jibes would be out had McGregor played like that. Palmed one cross away and dropped another at his feet. No biggie, but then I think too much is made of McGregor punching balls away. Sometimes a punch is the best option.

Alexander is usually a lot better with dealing with these things. Not the best of nights for him.

Alexander is usually a lot better with dealing with these things. Not the best of nights for him.

Ageed. I just think people often mistake a strong punch for a "flap" and like to attack our keepers whenever they decide that a decent punch is the best option. Therefore I was suprised that no one has commented on Alexander not making a couple of catches.

What I would say about the strikers debate is that St Johnstone opened up after about 60mins which left a lot more space for Naismith and Little to operate in.

It also wasn't a coinidence that's when Fleck got into the game after being out of it before then.

Our players have to work a bit harder off the ball when opposition teams are defensively minded.

Ageed. I just think people often mistake a strong punch for a "flap" and like to attack our keepers whenever they decide that a decent punch is the best option. Therefore I was suprised that no one has commented on Alexander not making a couple of catches.

Check my ratings. I thought Alexander was anything but at his best. Not that his best is that good though.