Are the RST, the Assembly and the Association backing this protest?

If so, how do they intend going about uniting the fans/getting the message out?

I think the Assembly was supposed to have someone on Real Radio last night. The guy called off and DE stood in for him.

I didn't hear DE so did he back the protest on behalf of the supporters organisations? Nothing on their website so just wanting to check...

I didn't hear it all, but I don't think he mentioned any protests. He didn't mention any of the claims of what Muir has been up either, but just called for Muir to make a statement.

He apparently mentioned the protest once but I didn't catch it.

Last night was a call for clarity. He asked Muir to step out of the shadows and answer perfectly valid questions. Chick Young said he hasn't been able to get near him so also said if he wished to come on the show and speak he was more than welcome.

I didn't hear it all, but I don't think he mentioned any protests. He didn't mention any of the claims of what Muir has been up either, but just called for Muir to make a statement.

I thought he mentioned a protest at the end of the Radio Scotland debate. I may be wrong however, I didn't have 100% reception.

He apparently mentioned the protest once but I didn't catch it.

Last night was a call for clarity. He asked Muir to step out of the shadows and answer perfectly valid questions. Chick Young said he hasn't been able to get near him so also said if he wished to come on the show and speak he was more than welcome.

I'm glad he didn't mention a protest at this stage as I think there are several stages to go through before organising this - the Hibs game perhaps being too early IMO.

Mainly because while I don't think anyone doubts the intentions or good faith of those who offer the rumours but if the online community can't agree on this and if those involved can't deal with the valid concerns of those dubious about the information circulating, then any protest won't be as successful as it could be.

Thus, If I were organising this I'd do the following (and I appreciate it isn't easy and would take time):

1. Get in contact with every fans group/website/forum in a friendly, open fashion informing them of my intentions.

2. Gauge support from each of them - even if it is in a partial sense.

3. If support is widespread enough (and I think it is), I'd go to the consortium with this information (positive and negative feedback) and see how they'd use this.

4. If they back any protest movement (a single protest isn't enough); I'd look for them to help bring credible people to front the campaign - high net worth fans, ex-players, former club staff, fan group leaders and even website owners may be considered so every base is covered.

5. If such credible support can be found, organise a flyer drop for an upcoming home and away match. Accompany this with information in the media - paid adverts are possible.

6. Continue the momentum from this publicity with a rally somewhere which hundreds of fans can attend (Partick Burgh Halls is ideal). Ensure the credible people attend - even tacitly if necessary for their reasons.

7. Decide further strategy from there - including a match-day protest which would then have maximum possible backing from the best possible initial strategy.

Any protest should not be rushed and it has to be part of a wider, well organised strategy free from bad feeling.

:)

Perhaps a week is not enough time and it hasn't been confirmed 100% that it will indeed taken place next Saturday. What I would say is, this game is ideal for it. The reason being it is live on Sky at Ibrox

We only have two home games left which fall under this category. A protest when Celtic are the opposition wouldn't be feasible imo.

1, 4 and 5 are very good points and ones that should be developed further.

An initial protest next week is fair enough but if it isn't organised well in this time-frame, and if it fails, then further movement thereafter would be difficult to gain more support.

The game being on TV isn't a huge thing for me. If a protest is organised properly, then media coverage would be inevitable of it if it is backed by the right people.