CHIEF Executive reveals key points at Assembly meeting

More...

The Rangers Supporters Assembly met chief executive Martin Bain tonight and raised a wide range of issues they felt Rangers fans wanted addressed.

Rangers Supporters Assembly President, Andy Kerr, said: " We wanted to separate some of the fact from the fiction."

During the meeting Martin Bain said:-�· Contract offers had been made to first team players Kris Boyd, Kirk Broadfoot and Nacho Novo and these offers remain on the table. The Club was not inhibited in making these offers.

�· The Club did not have to sell Pedro Mendes but the player and the manager had agreed that a move to Portugal was in the player's and the Club's best interests.

�· The Club was being run on a daily basis by himself and Walter Smith and within a business plan agreed with the Lloyds Banking Group.

�· Despite the recent publicity about the bank's involvement with the Club, it should be recognised that the Lloyds Banking Group continued to offer banking facilities to the Club to finance operations.

�· Walter Smith's recent comments about the future of the Club were stating the obvious that the club needed new investment and many would share his concern. The manager's comments reflected the views expressed by the chairman, Alastair Johnston, at the Club's AGM in December.

�· Efforts are continuing to secure new investment for the Club.

Tues 09 Feb 2010

Bain Holds Positive Fans Meeting

| 1 | 2 | The Rangers Supporters Assembly met chief executive Martin Bain tonight and raised a wide range of issues they felt Rangers fans wanted addressed.

Rangers Supporters Assembly President, Andy Kerr, said: " We wanted to separate some of the fact from the fiction."

During the meeting Martin Bain said:-�· Contract offers had been made to first team players Kris Boyd, Kirk Broadfoot and Nacho Novo and these offers remain on the table. The Club was not inhibited in making these offers.

�· The Club did not have to sell Pedro Mendes but the player and the manager had agreed that a move to Portugal was in the player's and the Club's best interests.

�· The Club was being run on a daily basis by himself and Walter Smith and within a business plan agreed with the Lloyds Banking Group.

�· Despite the recent publicity about the bank's involvement with the Club, it should be recognised that the Lloyds Banking Group continued to offer banking facilities to the Club to finance operations.

�· Walter Smith's recent comments about the future of the Club were stating the obvious that the club needed new investment and many would share his concern. The manager's comments reflected the views expressed by the chairman, Alastair Johnston, at the Club's AGM in December.

�· Efforts are continuing to secure new investment for the Club.

�· The Club was aware of fans' desire to help and no potential source of investment was being ruled out. However, he re-iterated the chairman's comments that any form of investment would have to underpin and sustain the operations of the Club on an ongoing basis.

Following the meeting, Andy Kerr said:" There were specific aspects of the ownership issue which Martin Bain made clear he could not discuss but we felt he was as open and frank as possible on matters which are of great importance to the fans."

Martin Bain added:" I empathised with the supporters' representatives as they want the best for the Club. Everything possible is being done for the Club in difficult circumstances. Fortunately, Walter Smith and his team are doing tremendously well and everyone is united in admiration for what they are currently achieving."

Edited by Super_Ally

A bit of clarity. It addresses some of the uncertainty. But we're still left with plenty of questions. No doubt the more business savvy will disect this though.

I cannot accept they didn't press bain for more detailed answers , there is no way on this earth that they accepted being fobbed of by what has been reported , which was no more than what has already been widely reported , Christ I'm even more depressed now

I actually feel some relief at reading this. Not for the specific content of the discussion but because it took place.

Edit: I don't mean to infer in any way that pressure shouldn't now be applied to ensure more credible response from the Rangers board. I'm not sure the origin of this report but it looks to me like we should be expecting a much more thorough picture from Rangers.

Edited by maineflyer

I actually feel some relief at reading this. Not for the specific content of the discussion but because it took place.

But was it a wasted opportunity , would having Muir there to answer for himself not have helped , and as for Walter it appears from his answer's that Bain has just cut him adrift , yet we are continually getting told they are fighting together for the good of the club

Edit: I don't mean to infer in any way that pressure shouldn't now be applied to ensure more credible response from the Rangers board. I'm not sure the origin of this report but it looks to me like we should be expecting a much more thorough picture from Rangers.

It's on the club's website mate

What about players coming in that is where I felt we may have been let down again. I am sceptical about this clarification but we still need investment which is obvious and the contracts I'm still not sure about as well. However, if one of the 3 players mentioned Boyd, Broadfoot or Novo sign a contract I will be more happy, preferably Boyd. Novo and maybe Boradfoot might have been offered pay cuts.

But was it a wasted opportunity , would having Muir there to answer for himself not have helped , and as for Walter it appears from his answer's that Bain has just cut him adrift , yet we are continually getting told they are fighting together for the good of the club

I agree it looks like we've been thrown a few cheap crumbs which will satisfy no one. It seems to show that the Rangers directors recognise they need to communicate but either don't know how to or (more likely) are unwilling to take the support seriously. They need a profound lesson in fan anger.

We ( the supporters) want whats best for rangers football club and have the best interests of the club at heart, yes we want answers! and not all the questions will be answered, but the main thing is behind the scenes things are being looked at! I believe that when the stormy seas pass and the sun shines on the through the clouds we will come out of this a stronger club! :) We are the famous glasgow rangers :)

We ( the supporters) want whats best for rangers football club and have the best interests of the club at heart, yes we want answers! and not all the questions will be answered, but the main thing is behind the scenes things are being looked at! I believe that when the stormy seas pass and the sun shines on the through the clouds we will come out of this a stronger club! :) We are the famous glasgow rangers :)

I think we're well beyond the stage where hopeful words will do any good..... unless of course you're into some new form of deep irony?:)