What has gone wrong?

Guest fozzy_bear

The Celtic dealsboth transpired after Hearts were eliminated from the CL..... coincidence ? I think not. I agree with Pete, I think the Tims are playing Russian Roulette and spending money they don't even have yet (unless, as I believe, they have already sold Petrov for 5-7 mill which would ease up the finances of the 2 signings made - but still they are using some, if not all, of that CL money).

If, as is possible, they don't make the CL next season they will be in a world of hurt

I actually find it amusing that Strachan goes out and buys another midfielder in Graveson when their defence is a shambles.

I am still confident this season despite these signings the Tims have made - we are creating a boat load of chances and that is a good sign - now we just need to take them..... oh, and a couple of clean sheets wouldn't go amiss (perhaps Klos will be back soon and challenging for a 1st team place - if we are paying his wages he should get a chance to stake his claim as #1 IMO).

The signing for them of JVOH worries me big time against our current defence. However as Craig said there defence is a shambles and they have only added Naylor so far. I can't see the first OF game being 0-0 put it that way

Sellick are supposedly giving gravesen around 30,000 a week which is what petrov is on....

PLUS paying off his real contract at 65,000 a week - totalling 2mil.

The just signed JVOH for 3.5mil.

Plus lee naylor (not sure how much but it was around a million no?)

So celtic HAVE pretty much spent a large chunk of the TV money they get for entering the CL.

I'm not sure that the other teams have got better, I honestly just believe that the fear you used to see when teams came to Ibrox or parkhead has now totally gone.

Hibs, aberdeen and hearts regularly go to CP and bang in a few goals - as they do at our bit. Whereas in years of old they would just sit behind the ball and take a beating.

Bmck's right - we dont have the money , but at the same time we should be getting the basics right-

how often have we conceded goals from corners/set pieces etc?

how often have we spurned ridiculously easy chances?

Lets get one thing right... its hardly panic stations - we're only one point behind hearts and celtic. but things DO need to improve- for now lets not worry about celtic and their signings, lets worry about getting our shit in order and getting maximum points on the board.

I only saw the second half on sunday(golf outing). A few of the lads have interesting views on where we are as a team at the moment.

I think we've been a wee bit unlucky in regards to goals against us this season. It seems every time there's a error in judgement at the back, it ends up in the back of the net. A bit better luck on sunday and that header might have went over or wide. On another day, that ball might have hit Hutton on the chest.

We do need to improve at the back, that's for certain, but a little better rub of the green would help.

Gribz hit the nail on the head by saying we're playing ten times better than last season and therefore moving forward. We were all in agreement at the start of the season that no team would run away with it. Unfortunately, that included us.

KEEP THE FAITH......NO SURRENDER. :thup:

I'm still not too worried yet. I've seen plenty of piss poor games under Smith, Advocaat and Eck and we've only had one of those out of five this season.

We're playing good football, creating a barrel load of chances and are still unbeaten. We were the better team in all the games we've played and certainly didn't get the rub of the green.

Our new manager has only just started and things are definitely looking promising. We need a few more players but have to get rid of a load of dead wood first and that seems to be the biggest problem, so we may not see the complete jigsaw until January or next summer.

Rodriguez and Svensson may have even formed a partnership before then.

What crisis? There is no crisis, and this time it's true. We're only one point behind the leader and have already outclassed Hearts.

Le Guen asked for a couple of months for his team to gel and I for one think we should give him his wish.

If we were playing rubbish every game, then I'd be a lot more nervous, but it's the best football we've played for years. A bit of better finishing and defending set pieces with a small slice of luck and we'll be back at the top of the league in no time, especially after we play the Tims off the park.

Agreed calscot,i'm impressed with the football we're playing,certainly driving home from the Hearts game i felt we are on the right tracks, and if we can get Barry playing to his best we'll be ok.If we take half the chances we're creating i don't think the defence will be in the spotlight as much.