Rangers Protests ââ?¬â?? "Donald Muir, the Saviour Within"? - article by Boss

This is just yet another saga in the war between 2 rival Rangers forums who hate each others' guts and will undermine one another every chance they get.

The hilarious irony is both boards are effectively the same as each other now. As bad as one another and will always be bitchslapping each other.

Didn't have to be this way.

It still doesn't Danny.

You'll note that one site barely gets a mention on the other yet approx 2-3 out of 5 threads on the other forum are about the first site or are information which was posted there first.

Yet the first site is the one with all the problems and agendas apparently.

It still doesn't Danny.

You'll note that one site barely gets a mention on the other yet approx 2-3 out of 5 threads on the other forum are about the first site or are information which was posted there first.

Yet the first site is the one with all the problems and agendas apparently.

But only one site bans outright even mentioning the name of another Rangers forum. You couldn't make it up ..... but you keep trying. Why not take your forum prejudices back where they came from.

I only posted this article on Gersnet because I found it on Newsnow yesterday and thought it was an interesting alternative viewpoint to the one that Muir is 'The Enemy Within' & thought it was something worthy of discussion. It's plain to see from the article that the author isn't fully supporting today's protests, but I didn't read it as an inter-forum squabble or whatever else you guys are trying to make it out to be. If I'd thought that's what this was about I wouldn't have posted it here on Gersnet because forum members here are very mixed and generally visit & take part in the other Rangers forums as well: Not just one forum or another, all of them.

So I'd respectfully ask that you discuss the article & not the possible politics between forums that may or may not be apparent when reading between the lines. If we can't keep inter-forum politics out of the discussion we might as well get admin to lock or delete this thread because the thread wasn't posted here for a bitching party.

Good read that. Just want to clarify that our directors have a responsibility in law to act in the best interests of the company and its shareholders. They only have a moral responsibility to take supporters into account and morals are hard things to tie down in business.

A very pertinent point, and one often missed, ignored or not realised.

On the point of Muir speaking out or answering questions. It would be, frankly, bizarre if Muir was to do so. As said by someone else, that responsibility is for the Chief Exec or possibly the Chairman. By all means a non-executive director can have duties which involve being a public face for an organisation but I would suggest that dealing with press and internet speculation would not be such an instance.

But only one site bans outright even mentioning the name of another Rangers forum. You couldn't make it up ..... but you keep trying. Why not take your forum prejudices back where they came from.

Both of these forums are cut from the the same cloth. I'm sure both of them started out as good balanced places where eclectic thinking and wide varied views were encouraged (I know at least one of them was) but nowadays they've grown into monstrosities - one of them is the big boy and the trendsetter, the other was the new pup which wanted to be a radical and valid alternative to it, but in it's desperate pursuit of the first one it's become exactly the same as it, if an inferior model.

They should just merge because it would save a lot of grief. And have a fag afterwards.

I only posted this article on Gersnet because I found it on Newsnow yesterday and thought it was an interesting alternative viewpoint to the one that Muir is 'The Enemy Within' & thought it was something worthy of discussion. It's plain to see from the article that the author isn't fully supporting today's protests, but I didn't read it as an inter-forum squabble or whatever else you guys are trying to make it out to be. If I'd thought that's what this was about I wouldn't have posted it here on Gersnet because forum members here are very mixed and generally visit & take part in the other Rangers forums as well: Not just one forum or another, all of them.

So I'd respectfully ask that you discuss the article & not the possible politics between forums that may or may not be apparent when reading between the lines. If we can't keep inter-forum politics out of the discussion we might as well get admin to lock or delete this thread because the thread wasn't posted here for a bitching party.

Problem is both of these forums are so agenda ridden that anything posted on them nowadays has an ulterior motive and it often undermines any nugget of wisdom said article contains.

Did it not strike you as fishy that on the eve of a crucial game, one of them posts an article like this - even if you didn't know that said article was clearly done to upset the other, the mere close to the bone nature of it should have been left till post-game regardless.

Problem is both of these forums are so agenda ridden that anything posted on them nowadays has an ulterior motive and it often undermines any nugget of wisdom said article contains.

Did it not strike you as fishy that on the eve of a crucial game, one of them posts an article like this - even if you didn't know that said article was clearly done to upset the other, the mere close to the bone nature of it should have been left till post-game regardless.

I'm not interested in the forum politics and resulting squabbles Danny and I'm not certain if there was any intended mischief making or not. From reading the other forums I can see that there's certainly been some feathers ruffled by this article and another one released by 'contacts' & the timing of their release is easy to question, but it's also easy to understand from the point of view of anyone who had doubts about or outright disagreed with protesting at today's game. Thankfully we got a great result on the park and that was the most important thing about today's game. We're back to 10 points clear & things don't appear as bad in my eyes as some people would have us believe.