murphio Yesterday, 3:11 PM Post #1

Member Avatar

Older than dirt

[ * * * * * * * * * * * * ]

Group:

Snr. Member

2 September 2004

Ive thought long and hard about this situation since yesterday's absolute shambles at Pittodrie and I think its time to act. As someone who has defended Mowbray's right to be given a chance to prove himself in the job I dont need any further evidence and I dont need to wait until the end of the season - its clear that the guy, as much as I like him as a person, is so far beyond being good enough its getting to the embarassing stage.

We are a complete and utter mess - worse than we ever were under John Barnes and every bit as bad as Rangers under Paul Le Guen. Sometimes tough decisions have to be made and while there is still a title to and a Scottish Cup to fight for - not to mention a small matter of second place which looks increasingly in danger - its imperative we get some stabilty and balance in the team.

I understand that as a support we dont like sacking managers and treating people badly - especially Celtic people - but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough. I was desperate for Mogga to succeed but his appointment looks increasingly like a mistake and I can no longer continue on blind faith. I have needed sings of improvement, notice that things were changing but this team - while playing some decent stuff at times - has meandered from one shambles to the next.

I can see why people think we should give Mogga the entire season but I dont concur with timeframes. Id be preapred - in all honesty - to give him longer than a season with no silverware if I had the slightest inkling there was improvement in the team but there hasnt been - the same mistakes are being made week after week and we are handing a poor Rangers team yetr another lifeline.

It is with this in mind that I think we need to bring Willie McStay back from Hungary. He won title after title with the reserves, a treble in his only season in Ireland and has done a very good job as manager of Ujpest. He will almost certainly not be any worse than the current manager so I think we are probably in a position now where we have very little to lose and a gamble may be worth taking. I fear that doing nothing will only result in the huns winning another treble.

The board acted on John Barnes. Its time to act now on Mowbray. Id love to be proved wrong and for us to embark on some kind of unprecedented winning run and take the title - or at the very least give some kind of impression we are on an upward curve. But the chances, imo, are remote. Bring back McStay.

doyle07 Yesterday, 6:31 PM Post #1449

Member Avatar

First team training

[ * * * ]

Group:

Members

#23,540

24 May 2009

Favourite all-time player

Danny McGrain

although we have had to live with dodgy refereeing decisions for god knows how long, they seem to be growing in number this year. Could the plan be (as someone else has indicated) to get them so out in front that deducting 10 points will mean feck all. Probably not the idea at start of season, but with our pish results, and if it could happen, then would be ideal scenario for them, I can think of at least 9 points they would have lost and at least 3 points we would have gained just in the 2 games we played them, the establishment looking after the establishment team

Loads of postings as well saying the refs are doing all they can to hand the title to us which is just mental. I still think they only have themselves to blame. Strachan was doing a good job for them but they just weren't happy with him, apparently for the style of football he played. Now they have their ideal man, someone who allegedly plays free-flowing, attacking football, but who seems to struggle actually getting results. I wish they'd make their minds up. I was delighted when Strachan left tbh, in the same was as I'll be gutted when Mowbray jacks it in.

Mike.

Mike.

Auldyin 57 minutes ago Post #1541

Member Avatar

Club Captain

[ * * * * * * * * * ]

Group:

Snr. Member

#9,220

2 July 2007

More serious imo is that Conroy seems incapable of identifying violent behaviour when it happens. Lafferety on Hinkel and now Boyd.

Obstruction is using the whole or part of the body to hold off a player. Violent conduct is hitting a player. Boyd caught the Hibs lad in the face with his arm or elbow ffs.

If Conroy is not at it, he clearly is incompetent if he thinks both incidents not worth a more severe penalty than he handed out.

The media have also invented a new kind of foul for Rangers only.

It is called "naughty"

Then you get the "news" right after the game via Chico it was obstruction. You can bet Chico knew the difference beween one kind of foul and another.

"Hey ref" what was the booking of Boyd for?"

"Violent conduct"

Do you know that puts him out of the game v Celtic and shoul;d he not have walked?"

"Obstruction I said"

They say it was the linesman's call so by precedent (Bougherra on Langfield) Conroy should be asked to review his decision. He might stick by it but he should be asked.

Trouble is nobody knows who can ask with enough authority for the Review Panel to click into motion since there are no clear guidelines about who makes the request. Dont give me anybody can, the SFA simply ignore it if they can. Celtic are still waiting for clarification following the Loovens review.

The SFA are in full protection mode.

chicorico Today, 9:27 AM Post #1523

Member Avatar

Deid rat

[ * * * * * ]

Group:

Members

#4,407

7 August 2006

I'm effing sick of this. The cheating this season has been more blatant than I can ever remember.

I cannot wait for the day those bankrupt bigoted carrots are nothing more than a nasty little footnote in the history books.

Tuscan Celt Today, 9:43 AM Post #1526

Member Avatar

Everyone's Fantasy Football first pick

[ * * * * * * * ]

Group:

Members

#13,218

22 December 2007

the thing that gets me more so than the blatant bias, is the failure by the media to report it. why is it that all of these dodgy decisions go the way of the huns?? one of our guys needs to be shot in or around the box to get a decicsion while one of their players just has to stop running and raise an arm.

look at the aberdeen game on saturday, how can a ref let players lunge in consistantly throughout the game and not book them. if these players are booked early on (when they should be) their gas is put at a peep instantly. therefore the team does not have the same level of commitment throught the game. craig moore used to get away for an entire match then get booked late on when it didnt matter. that way the records show that that huns are getting booked etc.

watch the next huns/celtic game, watch the free kick count and it will be similar. what wont be similar is where the free kicks are given, the majority of our free kicks are in non dangerous areas.

effin refs

Owenybhoy Today, 9:16 AM Post #1517

Member Avatar

Go Big Or Go Home

[ * * * * * * * * * * * * ]

Group:

Snr. Member

2 September 2004

If there is one thing that really irks me, it's seeing that wee fud Miller's face when he scores or wins a penalty for them.

How that guy can look at himself in the mirror having played for both Celtic and Rangers is beyond belief.

He just has the look of a wee Judas who is building a stockpile of pieces of silver.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he came to us, despite knowing he wasn't good enough to put that shirt on.

When he joined them again I laughed, as I didn't think he was good enough for them either.

And I stand by that still.

But my god I would love to go into a 50-50 challenge with him, and really give him something to roll about the pitch for.