I occasionally read the odd paper but I'm pretty close to a media blackout. Too much nonsense broadcast and published - when I do tune in or read it's for entertainment, and not for facts.

Surprised to hear that, I should have thought the personality dysfunction on view would have been right up your street!

JoeyRamone 25 minutes ago Post #1831

Member Avatar

Hey Ho, Let's Go

[ * * * * * * ]

Group:

Members

#21,486

3 September 2008

Favourite all-time player

Henke, Jinky and Bobby Murdoch in that order

herbert viola

16 Feb 2010, 12:41 AM

the bigger this gap gets, the more our support will clutch at straws to explain it.

we are so far behind because our team is pish.

So I'll ask you as well.....

Are the huns genuinely worth their 10 point lead?

Have they won all of their SPL games fairly and squarely?

Yes we have been pish but that is not the sole reason for our league position and the 10 point gap.

Jono_1888 Yesterday, 8:09 PM Post #1788

Member Avatar

First team training

[ * * * ]

Group:

Members

#24,582

6 October 2009

Non-Celtic:Thierry Henry

The Scottish Media is such a joke, not one paper I've read today has mentioned Miller's dive. It's been referred to a few times as the incident where "Bamba felled Miller". McGeady did it,was sent off, it was in the papers for three days saying how he was a cheat. I have noticed it more than ever this year, and has actually convinced me I'm not paranoid :lol: . Imagine a Celtic player had done what Monster Munch had done. All the papers are blaming Zemamma saying that he's a play-actor but we can clearly see it for ourselves. The articles on McCulloch's comeback for Scotland ... :lol:

Remember Davie Weir's error that cost Scotland a place at the Euros (sort of) wasn't highly publicised in our media and they just said went on about how he'd been a loyal servant for Scotland etc. If it weren't for the fact he was a Hun, I'd agree, but if it had been McManus or Caldwell, they would've been slated.

Now that Boyd's been booked for "obstruction" they can't punish him for that blatant elbow, an effing joke. Maybe this is paranoia, but is it possible Conroy would've know Boyd's points so to speak, or would that make him ridiculously Hunnish and a sad barsteward? I am fully aware of our shortcomings but some of the decisions going R*****s' way have been appalling, and we've should've had a few go our way (Dundee Utd at home and Rangers at home off the top of my head). How many more matches involving Rangers will Conroy be in charge of pre/post split?

joe the baker Yesterday, 8:36 PM Post #1793

Member Avatar

Celtics first superstar.

[ * * * * * * * * * * * ]

Group:

Snr. Member

#13,021

16 December 2007

jonathan1312

15 Feb 2010, 08:34 PM

i see elbows mcculloch has ended his scotland exile.

you know the scottish national team is in a bad way when a player as poor as him makes the headlines by returning to the squad. he is absolutely brutal (in both senses).

When did this happen?

McCulloch quit for `family reasons` I recall. :rolleyes:

Between the welcoming back of thugs like him, Boyd and The Huns ned goalkeeper this is another reason to distance myself from the national side.

Tredhearcacht Yesterday, 6:39 PM Post #1766

Getting noticed in the reserves

[ * * ]

Group:

Members

#25,286

25 January 2010

Jackie Dziekanowski

Very interesting comments from Merouane Zemmama of Hibernian today, referring to his assault at the hands of Boyd (pen) yesterday:

"In Scotland it was a yellow card but in other countries it would have been a red".

This is now two players - and, significantly, foreign players - (Hinkel being the other) this season alone who have called into question the honesty and integrity of Scottish referees regarding their influence in this season's championship.

Germany, Italy and Portugal - all far superior leagues to Scotland have fallen foul to corrupt officiating in recent years and have admitted it.

When will the Celtic board have the guts to ask UEFA for at least an investigation into the viability of Scottish football given that the rules are simply being applied differently to different teams (cf the entire Rangers team running off the park yesterday with nary a booking; while the referee *had* to book Rasmussen to the same thing in Douglas Park)?

We as a club should be pressing extremely strongly for neutral, foreign referees to be appointed for all matches in the SPL to provide an even playing field. As it is, it's not in the other ten clubs' interest to do so, as what they lose at the hands of referees when they play the hun, they often gain when they play us.

You couldn't bloody make this up could you ffs, when are the tims going to fuckin learn that there bloody team is pish and having scored 4 goals at aberdeen and failed to win the match! that its the officials that are to blame! and because certain players were not sent off to aid there task of trying to catch us? give me a bloody break man?

As to a post by a mope asking about us being worthy of our league standing and 10 point lead, let me answer that one for you? yir fuckin dam right we are worthy of our lead and postion after all we have been winning our games and thats why we are champions.:)

padrepio Yesterday, 9:02 PM Post #1

Member Avatar

http://www.padrepioinscotland.org.uk

[ * * * * * * ]

Group:

Members

#1,724

29 July 2005

Tommy Burns

I am only too aware that any public statement as regards what has been blatantly biased decisions going against us/for huns this season will look like sour grapes on our part but surely someone high up on the board must be looking at the overall picture this season?

Now before anyone has a go at me saying "its our own fault we are where we are" then i know we have not been very good this year but neither have the huns. I have a few hun mates who`s very words are "I can`t believe we are 10 point ahead of you" I have replied that they are "unbeatable this season" , this eventually leads to the "you are paranoid" sentence but the bottom line is that these decisions are going to cost us money. Reid and Co need to start acting like a PLC because this bias is costing us money.

I have been following Celtic for over 30 years and this is the worst I can remember in terms of decisions given for huns/against us and fully aware that their is no way to prove any of it. I see Hugh Dallas has come out today to say he has been "uncomfortable" with decisions made this season but they are all "honest mistakes".

Does anyone know if the club plan to make any sort of statement or indeed if anyone in a position of authority has been taking note of what has been going on? I am quite sure a statement would have been released at the end of the season if we had won the league, but lets face it this looks unlikely now.

Between the officials and the even worse blatant bias in the media: I include radio/papers and tv all are just as bad.

Yesterday`s events when Boyd was booked for "obstruction" and Conroy then informed Smith that he Boyd was still 1 point short of a suspension put the tin haton it for me.

Smith has played the everyone well this season, media and refs, got them all shampoo scared of them(look at the press conference after the Unirea match at Ibrox, only wee Chick asked him some irrelevant question) Mowbray has been too honest for his own good.

I`ve went off the beaten track slightly but "Should someone higher up be doing or saying something"

JoeyRamone Today, 12:04 AM Post #19

Member Avatar

Hey Ho, Let's Go

[ * * * * * * ]

Group:

Members

#21,486

3 September 2008

Henke, Jinky and Bobby Murdoch in that order

It doesn't matter whether we shout it from the rooftops about hun bias by referees because no one in this parochial wee country thinks that hun bias is wrong.

No one cares that we are being disadvantaged. The media don't, the football authorities don't and the other clubs don't.

The only other SPL manager to speak out about hun bias this season was Jim Gannon when he was at Motherwell and the press set about ridiculing him.

The huns have been and still are receiving refereeing help, in almost every game they play. It will never stop because no one, bar us, the Celtic support, want it to stop.