Does this mean that by continuing to work as we currently are we would be close to breaking even (or better?) in a future season with no CL group stage money? I only ask because while we're looking good for CL group stage entry for next season, the following season's CL group stage entry is far from certain, so you'd like to think that we'd be working towards being able to operate without making a loss in a scenario where we don't make it to the group stage.

Just checked over on Bert Kassies excellent UEFA site , in fact it may have been our own Zappa that asked about when the TV money is paid out , and the answer is the summer , so more good news

Does this mean that by continuing to work as we currently are we would be close to breaking even (or better?) in a future season with no CL group stage money? I only ask because while we're looking good for CL group stage entry for next season, the following season's CL group stage entry is far from certain, so you'd like to think that we'd be working towards being able to operate without making a loss in a scenario where we don't make it to the group stage.

Thats where we need to be.

I wouldn't say we would be close to profit or even breaking by winning the league and gaining entry to the CL this season. This seasons fairly massive reduction in debt as a result of CL money and player departures (it could go down by as much as �£10m since the summer) can't be sustained again in the summer without any impact on the team.

Just checked over on Bert Kassies excellent UEFA site , in fact it may have been our own Zappa that asked about when the TV money is paid out , and the answer is the summer , so more good news

Yeah that was me rbr, but I'm still not 100% certain. The guy who replied over there seems very knowledgeable indeed, but I still haven't seen anything official to verify what he told me. Apparently we should be due quite a significant sum from the TV 'market pool' for our group stage involvement. What's not clear is when exactly we receive the CL money because he said he believes that ALL CL money (including prize money for wins, draws etc etc) is distributed out to the national federations who then in turn make payments to the relevant clubs, but he said he wasn't certain of how the procedure works.

Thats where we need to be.

I wouldn't say we would be close to profit or even breaking by winning the league and gaining entry to the CL this season. This seasons fairly massive reduction in debt as a result of CL money and player departures (it could go down by as much as �£10m since the summer) can't be sustained again in the summer without any impact on the team.

The reduction of the wage bill won't have been as big as you think from player departures given that we were paying Rothen as much as we were, but you'd think that most of the transfer fees for Fergie & Adam being sold in July & August respectively, will be included in these figures. Certainly Brum should have been able to pay the �£1.2m or whatever it was for Fergie. Not sure about Blackpool right enough, since the �£500k for Adam was apparently their club record at the time. :whistle:

I think if we have taken into account the 'costs' of the CL in this period then any credits will be included despite us having not received them yet.

Possibly with the prize money due to us, but I'm not certain if it would be possible to estimate the sum due to us from the �£340m TV market pool until UEFA have worked this out, which I'm led to believe doesn't happen until the tournament finishes. This makes sense when you consider that our percentage of TV market share for the Champions League can still change while the tournament is running as subscription numbers can quickly change going into the later stages and result in our share rising or falling.