Beasley open to Gers stay

DaMarcus Beasley insists he would sit down and hold contract talks if Rangers wanted him to stay on.

More...

Rangers winger DaMarcus Beasley insists he would sit down and hold contract talks if the club wanted him to stay on.

The USA international, formerly of Manchester City and PSV Eindhoven, is due to leave Ibrox in the summer when his deal expires.

Although the 27-year-old's Rangers stay has been littered with injuries he has enjoyed his time at the club and is open to signing fresh terms.

"I would like to stay here but that's up to the guys upstairs and my management," said Beasley.

"It has been unfortunate for me here in terms of injuries, but, otherwise, it has been great.

"I'm with a great club and if they want to talk with me then I would do that."

Edited by Frankie

I actually have to wonder if we'd get anything decent out of Beasley at all after the World Cup. It's amazing how World Cup aspirations can unplug a player's finger from their @ss.

I like Beasley good pace and a proper winger, however the SPL doesn't suit him. I also think he won't get a contract unless there are new owners in place but Walter isn't that interested in offering him a new contract in the first place. Seeing as deals were offered to other players except Beasley.

Without doubt, a match winner when he's on his game. Unfortunately, limited game time through injury and inconsistency means imo, he wouldn't be a great loss.

I would like to see us go for Danny Swanson at DUTD. Arabs at work rave about him all the time, and having watched him against the Jambos at the weekend, i think he'd be a good signing. He was at the heart of a lot of the good things that DUTD did offensively.