Some more Ellis information:

I'd suggest it would be better if he didn't sit down with (solely) fans reps...

He should have an open forum where all fans can all contribute to the discussion which may help remove a few barriers and misconceptions.

I'm encouraged with the way Ellis has gone about his business so far but while he may not be under any obligation to communicate with fans, I hope he avoids the same trap of drip-feeding info to journalists and selected fans as others have employed in recent months.

It's for sale and a hell of a lot cheaper than an EPL club?

That's not a reason ... more of an excuse.

Edit - didn't express that well at all. I meant that those are good reasons not to buy an EPL club but it says nothing about why he would want to buy Rangers. No one invests this kind of money without a very good reason. I'm just interested in what that is .... and keeping the question to the fore until an answer emerges ..... if it ever does.

Edited by maineflyer

I apoligise N_L if I offended you it was not my intention,but it just seems we are forever being told that something is imminent about the takeover or who is taking over and we are still no better of than we originally were.It gets very frustrating .

I apoligise N_L if I offended you it was not my intention,but it just seems we are forever being told that something is imminent about the takeover or who is taking over and we are still no better of than we originally were.It gets very frustrating .

Nothing to apologise for. What you said was absolutely correct.:)

That's not a reason ... more of an excuse.

Edit - didn't express that well at all. I meant that those are good reasons not to buy an EPL club but it says nothing about why he would want to buy Rangers. No one invests this kind of money without a very good reason. I'm just interested in what that is .... and keeping the question to the fore until an answer emerges ..... if it ever does.

That is indeed the �£33million question MF so I know I'd like to hear a full answer before such a person buys the club.

Unfortunately, it may not be forthcoming until after any deal is done so the proof may well be in the pudding. On the other hand, fans are more informed that ever before so expectations of any new owner(s) will be high while being analysed repeatedly by us all for the kind of mistakes that affected the SDM era.

:)

That is indeed the �£33million question MF so I know I'd like to hear a full answer before such a person buys the club.

Unfortunately, it may not be forthcoming until after any deal is done so the proof may well be in the pudding. On the other hand, fans are more informed that ever before so expectations of any new owner(s) will be high while being analysed repeatedly by us all for the kind of mistakes that affected the SDM era.

:)

The only thing I'm sure of is we'll never know the answer unless we ask that question .... both amongst ourselves and directly to the acquirers.

Guest Northampton_loyalist
Nothing to apologise for. What you said was absolutely correct.:)

absolutely. appologies if you thought i was having a dig. There IS nothing in the content that should sway you to believe me or not and I certainly would not claim that what he told me was true anyway. I assure you the chat did take place but can see 100% why some guy off the internet, whom you have had no face to face dealings with might not spark instant acceptance. As I said, take it the same way as you would take anything off the internet

MF:

Agreed. Ellis seems to be spending a lot of time and money in finding out if Rangers are worth buying.

He must see an avenue for his investment where he can make money and bring/keep success to the club while hopefully improving it as well. We can only hope better fan communication/representation is part of his strategy. If he's not aware of how demanding our support are then he may find his previous football experiences a walk in the park when compared to being the focal point of Rangers Football Club.

With all due respect to QPR and Northampton Town; this is another ball-game completely.

Since you have his mobile number could you text him a few more questions :whistle:

Like, is he the money man or part of a consortium? Is he in the process of looking at the books? and when does he expect to be in a position to reveal more? Finally, is he aware of other interested parties?

:notworthy: