We threw it away!!!

There is a difference in saying we were rubbish or played shite ect, but to come on and say that the result is totally unacceptable is OTT, IMO. Yes we should have won that game after going 3-1 up,but because we didn't isn't the end of the world as we are still in the cup and on for a treble,the way Rangers have played this season deserves nothing but praise and along the line we will get some poor performances,although again I'll say we weren't that bad yesterday. Of course everyone is entitled their own opinion as we all see the game differently.Upward and onwards :)

Aw come on, it's just the way he felt when he said it. Sometimes we can just hurt like football fans and leave the deep analysis to one side. You ask him to comment on the same issue today and you might get an entirely more considered opinion? Besides, if he thinks it is unacceptable then that's his view .... and he might well be right. Ally McCoist certainly seemed to agree with him in his post-match comments.:)

Aw come on, it's just the way he felt when he said it. Sometimes we can just hurt like football fans and leave the deep analysis to one side. You ask him to comment on the same issue today and you might get an entirely more considered opinion? Besides, if he thinks it is unacceptable then that's his view .... and he might well be right. Ally McCoist certainly seemed to agree with him in his post-match comments.:)

HA HA, it is always wise to sleep on it before letting rip :)

Nothing Fickle. Does the fact that we are on for a treble mean we cannot look at individual games and performances. Hopefully Walter and Ally are as they should always be thinking on improving the team. Fine that you were in Argentine. Fine that you danced with their supporters. I am sure on their fans forums they will also be discussing what went wrong. Maybe you should make Boca your first team with all that positivity. At least you won't have any Paranoia about the Refs over there. They just shoot them for wrong decisions.

Ouch. To me it's fickle. We are a fickle bunch. Now let me make this clear Pete, I've been a Rangers fan my whole life as I'm sure u have been. But we are fickle. If you can't see that by the example I gave you previous then please, wake up and smell the coffee dude. Every club has it's fickle ones but the reason I gave te example about Boca is because if we were 3-0 down you know as well as I do that more than a few fans would be heading for the exits. Hell, we are heading for the exits when we are 3-0 up.

Now back to the point I made. Of course we have the right to question tactics, selections and performances. My point was that we are 13 ahead in the league, In a final and still in the Scottish cup. Why does a lot of people,including yourself it would seem, deem it right to be so negative about the result and performance of certain players or managment calls. Why not say 'oh well we've only lost one game in the league all season so over the period, the players have got it right. But today just wasn't our day'.

For me it's a shame some of our supporters can forget about the big picture. We are still in the hunt for a treble. How many trebles have you seen in your life time supporting Rangers? For me it'll be my 4th and our 8th. So why don't some of our supporters start remembering that and rather than giving out crap about our players for making a mistake or having an off day. As I said, we r still in for the treble. :spl: and under the current climate I think we should be helping give the team a positive push over the finish line.

The performance of one or two players was very frustrating but we're still in the cup and that, for me, is the main thing. Few things worth having come easily.

However, I can't accept that it's being fickle to vent your feelings about a football match. If anyone believes we were dreadful then I'm happy for them to call it the way they see it. Describing them as fickle seems to carry an intention to belittle their views and infer they're not as good a supporter as their accuser. That's plain bollocks and we need to be confident enough to let people express their criticism on the team or individual players.

Fickle is a term intended to mean someone has only shallow views that change on a whim. In fact, people who do change their opinions are usually only describing the too-obvious changes that actually take place in performances from game to game. More worthy of criticism are those who see some kind of empirical truth in everything and hold to standard views regardless of reality and defend those views to the point of irrelevance.

Monday mornings eh?

I was the one who brought the word 'fickle' into this thread, and I qualified it with stating that only the most fickle fan would get on the team's back after that result in light of recent performances.

I don't see anything wrong with the use of that word in that context - there's nothing fair, rational or reasonable about attacking the team which was exactly what was mostly happening by the time I replied. Especially given the praise we've given them this season. Other posts came in after mine and backed up my argument.

To belittle this team after that solitary result is simply not on - constructive criticism of any bad result is valid, but terms like 'we threw it away', 'dumplin', 'defence was a joke' just seem a bit beyond the pale and extremely reactionary.

I am not saying don't say anything negative, I am saying be constructive with criticism and be rational with it, if possible. Rather than calling our players dumplings and implying the defence is a joke. Especially when we're 13 points ahead of timmy, and the treble's on!