What was Walter's message this time?

So does anyone THINK the league isn't won, cos the bookies certainly do they paid out, something funny when Paddy the bookie has got more faith in the certainty of events than the fans.

We've spoken about this numerous times on the forum. PaddLe Power regularly pay out early to get punters in. It's just advertising. They've even payed out on EPL relegation bets after the first game of the season before.

We've spoken about this numerous times on the forum. PaddLe Power regularly pay out early to get punters in. It's just advertising. They've even payed out on EPL relegation bets after the first game of the season before.

That wasn't the point, do you think the league is won or do you think the sugar plum fairy Lennon may steal it away, with his secret potion for selik, shuuuuurrrely you got more faith in "Walter" than that. :spl:

So why appeal Thomson's red card and risk having him miss a league game instead of a cup game? Why not rest Weir as well?

The "league is more important than the cup" argument doesn't really stack up.

I think that's easy.

Firstly, if the appeal had been won, Thomson would have no ban, instead of 3 games. Worth appealing for I would say as that tackle was a marginal sending off at worst.

Secondly, he still wanted to win the match. Most of his changes were forced and who did he have to play in midfield? Edu and Thomson would have made it pretty strong.

For the league game we could have McCulloch and Davis back, with Edu still a choice and so Thomson won't be so necessary then.

He's been slagged off by playing Naismith in the middle and now criticised for trying to get Thomson in there?

How deliberately weakened was that team anyway, the back 5 picked itself and the midfield pretty much did so to with the only argument being that he could have added an untried youngster in the middle - not exactly playing your strongest player. Perhaps Novo could have played instead of Lafferty but as Frankie said he came on for the Irishman and made little difference.

Playing your most expensive player is hardly fielding a weakened team.

The only true choice was upfront and how many have argued that the likes of Fleck and Little should get a chance in cup games? How many have said Miller and Boyd are off form and should be dropped and rested?

Those two do look jaded and they do look like they need the rest with a run of 4 games in 10 days.

Walter was slated for not using his squad two years ago when he went full out for the quadruple and failed the most important test of the SPL. What is wrong with him resting a couple of tired and out of form strikers to try and make sure of the title with no mistakes?

I'm sorry but to argue about a weakened side, you can only focus on the front two, who have both been getting a slagging lately - Miller's header at Hampden aside.

To me it seems the problem was not the team choice itself, it's the lack a decent depth of squad, and while it was certainly shown up, I very much doubt that was in Walter's plans. Anyone that thinks so must have a very strange view of our manager.

I personally think he'd rather make a point than winning a trophy than make a point by deliberately losing one.

Actually that's a big point, I thought all the paranoids were on the green side of the city, but some here seem to think a Rangers manager decided to deliberately lose in a cup tie...

Very strange indeed.

You mean the top of the league, in the middle of a financial crisis, who haven't spent money on players in 3 transfer windows, who have a very small squad, made smaller due injuries and suspensions, in the middle of a run of 4 games in 10 days, playing the 3rd team in the league away in a replay, narrowly lost to a scrappy last minute goal, for only the second domestic defeat of the season?

Yeah, you wouldn't expect that in a game of football from a decent manager, would you?

Some people seem to think winning the treble with Rangers must be as easy as buttering toast, maybe they should try it...

Nah, the Rangers manager who ever he was last night, lost because he wasn't up to organising a better team to beat an inferior team, simples..:spl:

Why does it seem, with every negative comment you make about the club and our situation, you are celebrating the negativity?

It complicated by the fact that the perceived better team doesn't always win. The game would be boring if they did.

There are an enormous number of esoteric factors in trying to manage a team and get them to win every game. It's so complicated, it rarely happens.

Only in Scotland are any managers judged this way.

Yeah, he valued the treble so little that he decided to put out a weakened team just to show the watching world how weak our squad is. That's right out of the timmy school of conspiracies! How about we just believe what he said? We have 4 games in 10 days and the league is far more important than the cup

What sort of shite is this? I put forward no conspiracy, only commented upon that suggested by others. How about you wind your neck in a little.