What was Walter's message this time?

Why does it seem, with every negative comment you make about the club and our situation, you are celebrating the negativity?

Maybe just maybe what you see as negativity I see as fact, or is it only your negativity that is positive, the difference between you and me is that I don't buy into the "Walter" myth, you feel free you obviously do.

I think that's easy.

Firstly, if the appeal had been won, Thomson would have no ban, instead of 3 games. Worth appealing for I would say as that tackle was a marginal sending off at worst.

However we did not know when the decision was going to be made, so it could have quite easily resulted in a ban for an extra league game had the decision not been made until after yesterday's game.

Secondly, he still wanted to win the match. Most of his changes were forced and who did he have to play in midfield? Edu and Thomson would have made it pretty strong.

For the league game we could have McCulloch and Davis back, with Edu still a choice and so Thomson won't be so necessary then.

I'm not criticising him for his midfield selection.

It's been argued by others that the reason for last night's forward selection was so tat he can concentrate on the league. You seem to be disagreeing with that assessment by your comment that Thomson is not necessary for the league, so perhaps that is not the reason for his selection after all.

He's been slagged off by playing Naismith in the middle and now criticised for trying to get Thomson in there?

Who is criticising him for trying to play Thomson?

How deliberately weakened was that team anyway, the back 5 picked itself and the midfield pretty much did so to with the only argument being that he could have added an untried youngster in the middle - not exactly playing your strongest player. Perhaps Novo could have played instead of Lafferty but as Frankie said he came on for the Irishman and made little difference.

Playing your most expensive player is hardly fielding a weakened team.

Again, the issue is about his choice of stikers, and not midfield or defence.

The only true choice was upfront and how many have argued that the likes of Fleck and Little should get a chance in cup games? How many have said Miller and Boyd are off form and should be dropped and rested?

I don't know. How many people have argued that Fleck and Little should get played in QF replays away to Dundee Utd? I don't recall seeing anyone.

Again, I don't recall anyone saying that Boyd and Miller should be dropped and rested.

You may be able to come up with an example of someone saying it, but it still doesn't justify it, as was proven last night. I could come on here and say that Bougherra should not play for the rest of the season, but it's hardly jusification for Walter to do it.

Those two do look jaded and they do look like they need the rest with a run of 4 games in 10 days.

I don't think that they look "jaded". Boyd not as fit as he was, perhaps, but I would think more games rather than less would help. Why not play Novo?

Walter was slated for not using his squad two years ago when he went full out for the quadruple and failed the most important test of the SPL. What is wrong with him resting a couple of tired and out of form strikers to try and make sure of the title with no mistakes?

What's wrong with it? I guess you didn't notice the result of it?

I'm sorry but to argue about a weakened side, you can only focus on the front two,

Well spotted. You finally got to the point.

To me it seems the problem was not the team choice itself, it's the lack a decent depth of squad, and while it was certainly shown up, I very much doubt that was in Walter's plans. Anyone that thinks so must have a very strange view of our manager.

I personally think he'd rather make a point than winning a trophy than make a point by deliberately losing one.

Actually that's a big point, I thought all the paranoids were on the green side of the city, but some here seem to think a Rangers manager decided to deliberately lose in a cup tie...

Very strange indeed.

You're putting words in my mouth. I have never claimed that he set out to deliberately lose a cup tie. Of course he wanted the team that he put out to win.

However answer this. Did he put out the team that was best suited to win the game?

Maybe just maybe what you see as negativity I see as fact, or is it only your negativity that is positive, the difference between you and me is that I don't buy into the "Walter" myth, you feel free you obviously do.

Its nothing to do with realism - the difference between you and me is I dont delight in the poor aspects of our situation.

Its nothing to do with realism - the difference between you and me is I dont delight in the poor aspects of our situation.

The difference is I can see the reasons, you don't want to, we got beat by a team of cloggers, who we should have put to the sword after half-time, you should look up the words of John Lawrence you might learn something.

I cannot really believe this has went to 4 pages , the reality is we had no one else , the only players you could argue with were Miller and Boyd not playing , now my question would be this , was last nights midfield capable of creating chances , the answers probably no , so why is everyone going nuts on this.

We came within 2 minutes of extra time , they scored a really jammy goal , yes they had a few chances , but it was hardly a hammering , sometimes these things happen live with it and get over it .