What a goal from Kyle Lafferty

Guest Flying Hippo
Cant agree more mate. 5 goals in a whole season and hes better than boyd has ever been at Ibrox. god help us if boyd leaves and were left with lafferty. well be 20+ goals down a season.

How many times has Boyd started on the left wing?

How many times has Boyd started on the left wing?

suprised smith didnt play him out there given the amount of players who were played out of position on a regular basis.

oh sorry i forgot. walter is above critisism.

Guest Flying Hippo

Your original point about Boyd being replaced by Lafferty meaning we're automatically 20 goals down is ridiculous. Until the last 5 matches, Boyd has started virtually every match for 2 years, always as a striker. Until Lafferty has 24 months of playing up front every week, you cannot compare the two on goalscoring ability. Though if you wanted to, you could say that Lafferty has scored more goals from open play in the last month than Boyd has in the last 4 months

Your original point about Boyd being replaced by Lafferty means we're automatically 20 goals down is ridiculous. Until the last 5 matches, Boyd has started virtually every match for 2 years, always as a striker. Until Lafferty has 24 months of playing up front every week, you cannot compare the two on goalscoring ability.

but apparently lafferty has so much more in his locker than boyd, so im told anyway. for the record it was his position at burnley as quoted by walter smith himself so he wasnt playing out of position. Yet in the last two seasons he has been one of the biggest under achievers in the history of Rangers.

But the next time he comes on in the last ten minutes in a cup final and turns the game our way like boyd did against Dundee utd and saves his managers arse or scores a couple of goals to help Rangers win the scottish cup in the same season ill give him high praise indeed, just like i did when boyd actually produced the goods when it mattered.

Guest Flying Hippo

He just scored the goal that won us the title and you're seriously bringing up Boyd scoring twice against Queen of the South as some kind of proof that Boyd scores important goals and Lafferty doesn't? I can't really go much further in this argument as it will give the impression i have major issues with Boyd, when i don't. What i do have major issues with is the idea that Boyd is irreplaceable and Lafferty isn't fit to lace his boots. Which is ridiculous.

He know's he is underachieving and has to work harder,he doesn't hide in games and he is still young enough to improve.If as is suspected Boyd does leave then he will get a sustained run in the team through the middle alongside KM. He has shown he can do it,he just need to show consistency

Most of the fans I know have constantly slated Lafferty however, I have always remained confident that he would eventually come good. He has been an important part of a very good Northern Ireland team of recent years and scored some important goals as well, he also scored some important goals for Burnley so I didn't believe a player could turn shite overnight. Also the management team must see something day in day out otherwise he would have been out of the picture a long time ago.

I think the inflated price tag, some of his comments to the press and the aberdeen incident have not done the lad any favours plus he has been unlucky with injuries just when it looked like he was coming onto form but he always puts in a decent shift no matter where he is asked to play. With his build and physical style of play I think he is a major handful for opposition defenders and is good at winding them up and now that he is starting to score some goals he is finally becoming an asset to our squad.

As most people are already predicting that Boyd will be away in the summer and it being unlikely that we will have any money to replace him he could be the best we have.

Hopefully he will add a few more goals before this season is out and a winner at sceptic park would be the icing on the cake but I am confident he will become a fans favourite next season.

I remember thinking immediately after he scored, I'm glad it went in as he could/should've squared it across for Miller or Naismith, can't remember who it was, but it would have been a tap in into an empty net

I will state that he has let himself down on occasions. He has however, got his head down and is clearly reaping the rewards.

He can do better, and we are starting to see that. Hope he keeps the heed and doesn't let anyone get him wound up.

WATP