Big Eck on Sky Sports Goals on Sunday

Did anyone else see it?

He was being quizzed quite a lot about the difficult times during his time with Rangers and as usual his dignified answers really impressed me. I know we've been over it a hundred times but a lot of shit was thrown a Eck which may or may not have been warranted but we did have some great times. They showed clips of the treble win and last seasons CL run and I have to admit it I did get a lump in my throat.

I wish him all the best in whatever he does next.

He turned our season around when he was first installed as manager as i think DA had lost the dressing room. He was very sucessful considering that he was no doubt taken in by Mr Murray to balance the books.

Wish him all the best also. Im kinda hoping he gets a job in the Championship to see what he can do down there.

Im kinda hoping he gets a job in the Championship to see what he can do down there.

I really don't understand why some Bears think that the Championship is his level.

McLeish could get a job like Charlton, Bolton or Man City if he wanted.

Eck will always have my respect for the way he conducted himself during the last season he was with us.

He maybe should have left earlier than he did but at the same time if he quit when the press were hounding him it would - to me at least - given the impression he was just giving up and not trying to turn things around.

he IS a rangers man and i know he'll be hoping we gub the scum this season!

Eck will always have my respect for the way he conducted himself during the last season he was with us.

He maybe should have left earlier than he did but at the same time if he quit when the press were hounding him it would - to me at least - given the impression he was just giving up and not trying to turn things around.

well said....i always felt that he thought he could turn it round and start winning again but problem was too many poor signings and players with no idea where they were meant to be playing....

Refreshing to hear some positive noises about Big Eck as he undoubtedly got a hell of a lot of stick at the end. I think his next job will be in the Premiership - lookout for early season strugglers looking for a change of direction. Blackburn haven't started very well...

I really don't understand why some Bears think that the Championship is his level.

McLeish could get a job like Charlton, Bolton or Man City if he wanted.

I dont really see him getting a job in the EPL yet, thats why i mention the Championship.

Yeah it was a shame the way things turned out. Unlike certain managers from the dark side, no matter how bad things got he never blamed anyone else for the problems. Up until quite late in the last season I predicted that Eck would be a Gers managers for a long time, how wrong I was.