Guest Flying Hippo
I wonder if the money for Wilson might mean that selling Bougherra is not quite so necessary? If selling one meant we kept the other, I would call that a superb bit of business.

Na common sense dictates that Bougie must be sold. If he stayed for another season, he'd only have 12 months left on his deal and we'd be lucky to get �£2.5 million for him.

Fair enough on Bougherra. Can we then say that possibly we might not have to cash in on Davis, or McGregor?

I'd say nothing is certain at all. We won't sell Davis on the cheap, but if a bid came in for him like �£6/7m there's always the chance it would be accepted. Personally, I do think McGregor could be sold if a semi-decent offer comes in.

Guest Flying Hippo
Daniel Benedict Wilson will eventually end up at the selik.... it's all that praying to Mary.

For once i agree with you. Wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if Wilson's next club after Liverpool is Celtic. A loan deal would be most likely.

Edited by Flying Hippo

For once i agree with you. Wouldn't survive me whatsoever if Wilson's next club after Liverpool is Celtic. A loan deal would be most likely.

I'll be gutted if that happens. Spending time and money bringing through youth talent for them to end up at the tattiedome is not good.

Very disappointing news really - he had a chance to be an absolute first choice next season to replace either Bougherra or Weir, and he's choosing instead the money of Liverpool.

He's chosen cash over his career, because surely he knows he will not be anything like first choice - he will be something below what Kyrgiakos is there - a squad covering man.

In saying all this, our uncertain future clearly isn't helping us - with a bunch of guys, including Smith, not committing themselves to Ibrox, we cannot be too harsh when someone simply decides to desert a perceived sinking ship - instead of messing about talking about his future, he's just getting on with making a decision.

And if he is a Celtic fan, moving to Liverpool isn't the hardest choice for him to make.

So, in ways I am disappointed with him, and feel let down. In others, strangely I can understand him wanting to leave.

That all said, I do agree with Hippo that I hope his career nosedives now, but truth is he really is a very good defender who's proven himself at CL level so should be ok in England when used.

I'll be gutted if that happens. Spending time and money bringing through youth talent for them to end up at the tattiedome is not good.

Weir started out at Celtic.

Walter Smith has revealed Danny Wilson is set to move away from Rangers this summer to further his career.

Smith picked up the SFWA Manager of the Year award and Wilson the SFWA Young Player of the Year at a dinner in Glasgow last night.

The veteran coach handed the 18-year-old centre-half his big chance in the Rangers first team this season and was delighted with how he coped in the SPL and Champions League.

But the former Everton manager hinted the defender, who has been linked with Liverpool, is set to move down south.

Weir said: “Danny has a great future in the game – it’s just unfortunate that it doesn’t look like it will be at Rangers.”

Meanwhile, Kris Boyd is set to wait until the end of the summer before making a decision on his future.

Boyd, who scored his 26th goal of the 2009/10 campaign in the 3-3 draw with Motherwell, wants to see if a new buyer takes control of the Ibrox club.

He said: “I will make my mind up about what is happening over the next couple of weeks.

“Whether there’s a bid for the club is a factor and, if something happens on that front, great. We’ll see what happens.

“But I don’t need to dive into anything and can wait until the end of summer if need be.

“Days like yesterday whet my appetite for staying at Rangers. There were 50,000 fans jumping around like madmen. I loved it.”

Meanwhile, out-of-contract trio Nacho Novo, DaMarcus Beasley and Stevie Smith are all set to leave.

Winger Beasley posted on Twitter that it was “time to open a new chapter” in his career.

Smith has already confirmed that he would be leaving.

And Novo revealed a lack of first-team starts was likely to lead to his departure.

He stated: “I am 31 now and I said I would like to retire at Rangers, but I want to enjoy my football.”

Walter Smith holds aloft the championship trophy