I haven't listened to the radio interview - is it markedly different from the minuted account?

Obviously information which isn't in the minutes will filter out regardless which isn't all that helpful as it can't be substantiated as fact. However, I'm sure if Mr Kerr said something that wasn't true outwith the minutes, he'd soon be asked to explain by those who provide his budget.

I haven't listened to the radio interview - is it markedly different from the minuted account?

Obviously information which isn't in the minutes will filter out regardless which isn't all that helpful as it can't be substantiated as fact. However, I'm sure if Mr Kerr said something that wasn't true outwith the minutes, he'd soon be asked to explain by those who provide his budget.

But only if that deviance from the actuality, was not to the "benefit" of the paymaster.

http://www.clyde1.com/Article.asp?id=968104&spid=24537

Well, possibly, but I doubt Mr Kerr would change the official account of the meeting to benefit SDM...

I think the Assembly have made their concerns about the club pretty clear in recent months - official body or not. It can be debated as to if they could do more (in fact they could IMO) but that is for us to pressure them where possible.

Well, possibly, but I doubt Mr Kerr would change the official account of the meeting to benefit SDM...

I think the Assembly have made their concerns about the club pretty clear in recent months - official body or not. It can be debated as to if they could do more (in fact they could IMO) but that is for us to pressure them where possible.

Let's be blunt about it Frankie, the assembly are a creature of Murray, very simply either it was confirmed that Ellis was the real deal i.e. proof of funding was and has been confirmed to the select few at Sunday's meeting, or it wasn't. Despite many many people digging with big shovels, they cannot find any proof of this funding, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but Gordon Gekko would be proud of the Chinese walls and blind alleys, there again I doubt Hollywood could make it up.

The Assembly was a club creation and is imperfect in terms of his independence from the football club but I don't believe those present at the meeting would all be coming out afterwards with signed photos of Donald Muir.

Going by the official minute it was suggested Ellis' proof of funds was confirmed but that alone doesn't mean the club will accept a bid or that the independent panel will recommend it to the minority shareholders (or agree with SDM/Muir et al). Or that Ellis will indeed make a bid obviously.

Ellis may be a stalking horse. He may not.

No-one apart from Ellis, Murray and Muir know that. I assume Johnston would have his suspicions but even he seems happy to pass on information to the contrary in public. Who knows what he is saying privately?

Anything other than concentrating on the bland official information available is speculation and none of us know the truth.

The Assembly was a club creation and is imperfect in terms of his independence from the football club but I don't believe those present at the meeting would all be coming out afterwards with signed photos of Donald Muir.

Going by the official minute it was suggested Ellis' proof of funds was confirmed but that alone doesn't mean the club will accept a bid or that the independent panel will recommend it to the minority shareholders (or agree with SDM/Muir et al). Or that Ellis will indeed make a bid obviously.

Ellis may be a stalking horse. He may not.

No-one apart from Ellis, Murray and Muir know that. I assume Johnston would have his suspicions but even he seems happy to pass on information to the contrary in public. Who knows what he is saying privately?

Anything other than concentrating on the bland official information available is speculation and none of us know the truth.

But there is a very simple way for all of us to know the truth or the state of play at the moment, our incumbent chairman makes a statement , not the assembly, the chairman, confirming funding which is a non breach of disclosure, and anything else that can put fans minds at rest, anything less is a continuation of an embarassing pantomime.

But there is a very simple way for all of us to know the truth or the state of play at the moment, our incumbent chairman makes a statement , not the assembly, the chairman, confirming funding which is a non breach of disclosure, and anything else that can put fans minds at rest, anything less is a continuation of an embarassing pantomime.

I don't see why our chairman would have seen proof of funding, particularly at this stage. That would be an issue between MIH and Ellis.

I don't see why our chairman would have seen proof of funding, particularly at this stage. That would be an issue between MIH and Ellis.

Maybe you should read the assembly statement particularily the first sentence, maybe AJ was out for a piss when it was announced, maybe not.

As confirmed in the minute, the chairman has not been involved in the Ellis negotiations at this stage.

That, in itself is somewhat disappointing but until Ellis decides to move forward, not altogether surprising.

Obviously, by agreeing to the published minute, Muir and MIH have confirmed the proof-of-funding anyway. OK, that doesn't carry the same weight as an announcement on the Rangers website (or PLUS) but given the club chairman and Donald Muir were present and would have had to approve the minutes, the state of play seems genuine enough.

Unfortunately, we just don't know if the bid per se is genuine - both in terms of an actual offer and the plans within it.