Guest Northampton_loyalist
I desperately hope there's some Rangers people of substance behind Ellis, otherwise I'd really fear for us. Who'd have imagined thirty years ago that Rangers could ever be in this situation.

I am not so sure about the Rangers men part but I agree whole-heartedly about the rest. In a perfect world a billionaire bear would buy us and keep us for eternity but the reality is never going to be near that. As it stands, and under the assumption that whoever buys us will not be a free spending oligarch, there is going to be a period of time spent on rebuilding (or simply building, if you consider the areas that have been ignored that we need). An unemotional thinking will be needed and a restraint shown. Now, nothing in there is impossible for a Rangers man and anyone who has made millions will be able to seperate emotion and logic but it does remove the need for a Rangers fan being in charge. So long as there are men steeped in the tradition of the club surrounding a new owner, to poke and prod, there is no real need for him to be a Bear.

I desperately hope there's some Rangers people of substance behind Ellis, otherwise I'd really fear for us. Who'd have imagined thirty years ago that Rangers could ever be in this situation.

So do I, if he doesn't I would like him to keep some board members on that know they club.

Sky Sports News understands Andrew Ellis will meet Rangers owner David Murray next week to discuss his takeover of the club.

London-based property developer Ellis is heading a consortium who are considering a reported �£33million bid for the debt-ridden Ibrox club.

Ellis is prepared to pay off the club's debts and he is also willing to invest in the SPL champions' playing staff.

It is understood that Ellis will meet Murray in Edinburgh on Tuesday next week regarding his continued attempts to purchase Rangers.

Earlier this week, Ellis responded to criticism from Gers chairman Alastair Johnston that the proposed takeover 'has gone on way too long - so let's just say I am sceptical about it'.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_6166705,00.html

Ellis said of the comments: "I'm surprised to be honest, very surprised. I wasn't very happy when I learned of his comments and I think he is being unfair.

"I don't understand where he is coming from. I've never had a meeting arranged with Alastair Johnston and he has never requested a meeting with me.

"If I have offended him then I apologise and I apologise if it is taking longer than normal. It is taking time because there are an awful lot of things to go through."

Send to friend