Gers plan swoop for former Don...

Can we afford him?

Hope not, his price will already have inflated to �£2m even though he has been crap down there. So no thanks, look further afield please. Paying over the odds for proven dross in the SPL is not good.

Stories coming out last week reckoned WS had 5M to spend, can't remember if this was just on fees or also had to cover any increases in renewing contracts. But given Novo is off the wage bill and Boyd will probably follow, I'm guessing so.

Stories coming out last week reckoned WS had 5M to spend, can't remember if this was just on fees or also had to cover any increases in renewing contracts. But given Novo is off the wage bill and Boyd will probably follow, I'm guessing so.

Yeah thats the figure being touted about for transfers. However I don't want to pay over the odds for duds and if we did go for him then it would be a complete waste of money. I'd happily take Velicka over L.Miller.

Guest Flying Hippo

Although i said the other day that we shouldn't necessarily be looking for someone who'll score as many as Boyd, that doesn't mean i'd settle for someone as pish as Lee Miller. In a good season he'd score 12

In a good season he'd score 12

Very few Gers fans thought Kenny Miller would even score that much, but they (myself included) were all wrong.

That said, I really don't believe these rumours at all. Load of dredged up old news as usual from the transfer rumour whores.

Guest Flying Hippo

Kenny Miller was always getting into goalscoring positions, his finishing was just awful

Lee Miller is just a target man who scores 1 every 6 or 7 games. I really don't want this kind of forward at the club unless they have exceptional hold up ability and link up play

When I saw the thread title I was sure it would be Russell Anderson. But if it's Lee Miller then the club is still on the way downhill.

I initially thought of Dean Windass.