Keisuke Honda. I hate to say i told you so. I tried to tell rangers but they threw me a deafy.

Just mentioned him on another thread pete. Quality player! Him, Ozil & Vittek would do nicely... :D

Just thinking, it's amazing that the holders and last runners up both finished bottom of their groups...

Was thinking the same.

France were just a mess and its the first world cup where I only recognised maybe 4 italian players. Normally in world cups past I could name at least 8 of their starting line up.

Anyway Italy only reach the final every 12 years: 1982 - winners, 1994 - runners up, 2006 - winners....2018 - get a fiver on them finishing runners up!

Anyone think Spain could be heading out tonight?

Chile still need a point to guarantee qualification and to avoid Brazil in the next round. They are a decent side and could get a point against Spain. Switzerland should beat Honduras which would put the favourites out.

The Spain game tonight should be a classic. I'm actually looking forward to that game. Fingers crossed they can sneak through. If another big team go crashing out Englands chances of progressing further increase.

Last 16 now.

Uruguay v South Korea - home win

Mexico v Argentina - away win

Germany v England - score draw, leaning towards away win

USA v Ghana - no score draw, leaning towards home win

Paraguay v Japan - home win

Holland v Slovakia - home win

Brazil v Chile - away win!!!!

Spain v Portugal - Oooomfff...home win

USA V Ghana.

Looking forward to this game,gonna go out to the pub to watch it, hope it's a good game with a USA win and Edu plays and plays well, might even have we punt on them.

Looks like Edu is dropped to the bench http://www.fifa.com/live/competitions/worldcup/matchday=16/day=1/match=300061503/index.html

Edited by ian1964