A last 16 tie against England, the hype is incredible and Lampard hits a FK from about 25 yards out, it comes flying straight at Neuer and he shuts his eyes and hopes for the best. Luckily for him, it rattled the bar. Must do better!

Is Neuer the German no 1 or is he playing because of an injury to their usual no 1?

Robert Enke their no. 1 committed suicide in March I think. the others have been inconsistent.

Guy Mowbray on commentary came out with an absolute classic in the first half:

"how many of England's players would you swap for German ones? 1? Maybe 2?"

What utter guff

Neuer is better than James

Lahm is better than Johnson

Mertesacker is better than Upson

Schweinsteiger is better than Milner

Khedira is better than Barry

Ozil is better than Lampard (at international level anyway)

Klose is better than Defoe

Id have the boy Mueller on that list, whilst Ozil and Schweinstiger were good I though Mueller was outstanding and A Cole couldnt deal with him.

England were absolutely torn apart, Germany were superb to watch. England had a brief 15 min spell around half time were they went up a gear but they are so disjointed with Gerrard playing out left.

I had to laugh when Heskey came on for Defoe...they are chasing goals and he brings on someone who cant score.

Regardless that Lampards shot was over the line Germany were far better and even the England fans are saying that.

Everyone of the 23 players that Germany have at the World Cup play inside Germany , how many English players are ,realistically good enough to adapt and hold down a starting place in a German team , not many , the Epl and to a lesser extent British football has never changed , tghe need to be able to hold onto the ball and pass and move has never ben more obvious . Maybe one of these days we might just catch on , until then we will just need to put up with the same old same old

The trouble with the English is they think they are the best,much like the BHEASTS, and expect to win every time they play. The EPL is '' the best league in the world ''??, maybe but the English players they have in that league are not the best players in the world,IMO, which has been proved again at this world cup. I'm not laughing too much at their exit as at least they are good enough to qualify and compete at world cups and Euros, I don't think Scotland would have done anything at this WC.

No way is the EPL the best league in the world. La Liga rips the EPL to shreds!

The Bundesliga is fast becoming a top league too.

Agreed. But the English believe the EPL and England team/English players are the best

The EPL is the best for entertainment and viewing but as far as quality goes the German and Spanish leagues are easily on par.

England think football is played on paper, ok they have quality players likr Gerrard and Rooney but they dont use them to their strengths and now they have a huge post mortem.

Graeme Souness is spot on. It baffles me why people think Ashely Cole is a "top" player. John Terry is playing absolutely nowhere near how he played when Mourinho was in charge of Chelsea. Did anyone see Heskey and Ashley Cole getting off the plane at Heathrow in the early hours of this morning? They were both in fits of laughter which to me showed a complete lack of respect for the English people. They don't care how well they do as long as they get paid their wage gets paid into their bank account.

Gribz, La Liga is far more entertaining than the EPL. Even when you've got two bottom half of the league teams playing in La Liga the entertainment value is, more ofthen that not, brilliant.

I'd rather read a book than watch Wigan v Sunderland.