Neither the Netherlands nor Spain have played particularly well yet are both in the final

Holland have won every game without playing great but still showed bits of good football. Spain lost their opener and have since won every game by the odd goal.

Germany were the most impressive performance wise followed by Argentina and Uruguay. But football isnt won on the enjoyable eye or Arsenal would win the EPL every season.

I hope Holland win as they seem to have been the strongest overall.

Guest Flying Hippo
Holland have won every game without playing great but still showed bits of good football. Spain lost their opener and have since won every game by the odd goal.

Germany were the most impressive performance wise followed by Argentina and Uruguay. But football isnt won on the enjoyable eye or Arsenal would win the EPL every season.

I hope Holland win as they seem to have been the strongest overall.

I just want an exciting game, though it's hard to see it given the way Spain have played throughout the tournament

Guest Flying Hippo

It's a bit pathetic how the English media have been so obsessed with Harold Webb getting the gig. Just wait til August when he's being slaughtered by them most weekends

Howard Webb is to referee the final on Sunday.

When I saw him ref one of the quarters I said to a colleague "wonder if FIFA will thrown England a bone with giving him the final because of the Lampard goal" - should have put money on it :D

It's a bit pathetic how the English media have been so obsessed with Harold Webb getting the gig. Just wait til August when he's being slaughtered by them most weekends

Fingers crossed he makes a major fuck up like booking the same player three times.

They're making such a big deal about an Englishman being in the final. Their nation's attention turned to other sports as soon as they went out. So predictable. :sleep:

LOL, they even jumped onto Andy Murray, so all of a sudden it wasn't England, it was 'Britain'. FAF.

Did nobody watch the game? :D

Disappointed in the end. Howard Webb got 3 decisions wrong all a few mins before the goal:

1) Holland should have had a corner after their free kick clearly hit the spanish wall yet he gave a goal kick.

2) The Hamburg winger was taken out the game outside the Spanish box mins before the goal and he played on.

3) Snejider was fouled in the move that led to the goal.

The pundits were saying Holland were poor for playing bad tactics but before the game they all said if they want to win they have to stop Spain playing - thats what the tried!

Spain are the best team in the World - no doubt about that but they werent the best to watch. Germany were a joy on the eye against England and Argentina.