Did nobody watch the game? :D

Disappointed in the end. Howard Webb got 3 decisions wrong all a few mins before the goal:

1) Holland should have had a corner after their free kick clearly hit the spanish wall yet he gave a goal kick.

2) The Hamburg winger was taken out the game outside the Spanish box mins before the goal and he played on.

3) Snejider was fouled in the move that led to the goal.

The pundits were saying Holland were poor for playing bad tactics but before the game they all said if they want to win they have to stop Spain playing - thats what the tried!

Spain are the best team in the World - no doubt about that but they werent the best to watch. Germany were a joy on the eye against England and Argentina.

The BBC "pundits" were acting out like the Dutch were some sort of criminals and that the good guy won. They were also creaming over Iniesta (a fine player btw) but imo he should have been sent off after his goal. He took out Van Bommel and wasn't booked. Lots of 50/50 decisions were going to the Spanish and they were let off with a lot of bookings, which the ref should have carried on with his precident.

I have actually lost a bit of respect for the Spanish but I never liked Capdevilla and Buscuits as they are cheats.

I also agree with the 3 points you made.

cheers metlika , saved me posting the same , also last night finally did it for me with Hansen , total Knob who really hasn't a clue what he is on about .

Also totally agree chilled bear the play acting was attrocious and spoiled what should have been a fantastic game , the Spanish believe they shouldn't be touched at all

Glad im not alone in these thoughts, was listening to talksport earlier and they kept on harping on about how dirty the dutch were. The Spanish were giving as good as they got and as metlika says they got a few 50/50s their way.

I thought Webb had a very good game. He made some mistakes but show me a referee who doesn't!!

Both Holland and Spain are full of cheats. Robben was the worst for it but the antics and actions of Iniesta during the whole 90 minutes + extra time last night were disgusting. He fouled, cheated and dived his way through the entire match. Van Bommel is a dirty player but I like him for some reason. He does need to cut the nasty tackles out his game though.

Like Metlika, I have lost respect for these world class players. Their attempts to get players booked for nthing tackles is shocking! Iniesta waved the imaginery yellow card in front of Webbs face. I don't know how refs manage to hold their temper sometimes.

Part of me is sad the WC is over but the other part of me thinks 'thank fook!'

Hats off to Howard Webb he did FIFA and himself proud.

One thing the Dutch did which put me right off them was in the second half, Spain had put the ball out for an injured player, the Dutch then kicked the ball out for a throw near the corner, pressed the play and almost scored. That puts them in the same cheating category as Celtic in my mind - the only thing that wasn't as bad as Celtic is that the latter did when the ball was put out for an injury to their own player.

I know the Dutch gave the corner back in the first half after unbelievably almost scoring from the pass back to the keeper - but they showed themselves up in the second.

Any teams that act like Celtic are a bunch of cheats in my book. I'm glad the Spanish won - even though I've want the Dutch to win from the start.

One thing the Dutch did which put me right off them was in the second half, Spain had put the ball out for an injured player, the Dutch then kicked the ball out for a throw near the corner, pressed the play and almost scored. That puts them in the same cheating category as Celtic in my mind - the only thing that wasn't as bad as Celtic is that the latter did when the ball was put out for an injury to their own player.

I know the Dutch gave the corner back in the first half after unbelievably almost scoring from the pass back to the keeper - but they showed themselves up in the second.

Any teams that act like Celtic are a bunch of cheats in my book. I'm glad the Spanish won - even though I've want the Dutch to win from the start.

What a lot of crap. The Dutch give the ball back twice and then should let Spain build up play from the back. Yes right! I am glad you are glad the Spanish won but they won because they were the better team and not because of crap like you are spouting.

The Ref was crap from two sides. He lost a lot of control over the game. Nigel de Jonge should have had a purple card it was so red.

What a lot of crap. The Dutch give the ball back twice and then should let Spain build up play from the back. Yes right! I am glad you are glad the Spanish won but they won because they were the better team and not because of crap like you are spouting.

The Ref was crap from two sides. He lost a lot of control over the game. Nigel de Jonge should have had a purple card it was so red.

Say what you really mean Pete :devil:

I didnt think that much of the incident when the Dutch played it into the corner. I vaguely remember the incident but no-one seemed to bother that much by it. If it was done with intent that I would be surprised given that in the first half the Dutch showed incredible sportsmanship in my eyes by giving the ball back to Spain from the corner after the free kick. Why be sporting in one instance and not in the other when the game was evenly poised at 0-0 in both instances and the Dutch could have applied pressure in both instances too.

I wouldnt say what cal is saying is crap but I dont necessarily agree with it either.

Howard Webb tried his best but I didnt think he had a great game either - but in fairness it was a difficult game to handle and the histrionics from both sides didnt help him. Not sure he lost control of the game though - often we say a ref needs to stamp his authority on a game by issuing a yellow card early to show who is boss.... no-one can say he didnt do that !! He tried to keep a lid on it but you had two very determined teams looking to win the big one where no quarter was expected or given.

De Jong's assault was one of those which makes you cringe - looked horrific, and certainly worthy of a straight red. That said, Puyol also should have walked for dragging Robben back when clean through.