Indeed. I knew Durrant had been to see Honduras recently, last week, and was supposedly watching Georgie Welcome and Jonny Palacios but trust me to go for the more expensive player. I just thought Suazo had already settled in Europe and is perhaps nearing the end of his contract and is a similar age to Darcheville when we signed him.

Edited by Stefanovitch

I wouldn't put it past Walter to try for the Caracciolo fella he was after a year or two back. If he intends playing 4-5-1 next season in Europe then we really need to sign a striker capable of being that focal point up front - someone who can hold the ball up and has the pace and movement to trouble a defence - I guess that player doesn't come cheap but I don't think Goodwillie, Tommy Smith or any of the current squad have those qualities.

We couldn't afford him and with other teams interested I doubt Smith would waste his time on him again.

Smith does like the Italian market so it wouldn't surprise me to see a player from there - more probably on loan late in August.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Walter hasn't dabbled in the Italian market since returning for a 2nd spell has he? If our reported interest in the Honduran, Georgie Welcome, is true then perhaps we are casting our net farther afield this summer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Walter hasn't dabbled in the Italian market since returning for a 2nd spell has he? If our reported interest in the Honduran, Georgie Welcome, is true then perhaps we are casting our net farther afield this summer.

Nope, we've not had an Italian since Maniero a couple of years before Walter returned...

He had been linked with several though but I guess finance may dictate what market he tries to operate in. The name Raffaele Palladino was mentioned to me but like Caracciolo, I simply can't see that happening.

:)

Nope, we've not had an Italian since Maniero a couple of years before Walter returned...

He had been linked with several though but I guess finance may dictate what market he tries to operate in. The name Raffaele Palladino was mentioned to me but like Caracciolo, I simply can't see that happening.

:)

Palladino was linked a couple of years ago - a creative player who can play centrally and in wide areas - sounds ideal. Did you hear this recently? Any indication of a fee?

Edit: Is he not one of those strange Italian co-owned players - part ownded by Genoa and Juve?

Sounds fantastic - more here

Edited by Stefanovitch

Palladino was linked a couple of years ago - a creative player who can play centrally and in wide areas - sounds ideal. Did you hear this recently? Any indication of a fee?

Heard it a few weeks ago but given his contract/ownership situation is complicated I really can't see us being able to do a deal. I doubt he's worth �£5million now but even at half that we'd be struggling to put something together unless we do move on Bougherra etc.

I notice Napoli were linked with him at the weekend as well so I'd file this one under no-chance! :(