I wouldn't put it past Walter to try for the Caracciolo fella he was after a year or two back. If he intends playing 4-5-1 next season in Europe then we really need to sign a striker capable of being that focal point up front - someone who can hold the ball up and has the pace and movement to trouble a defence - I guess that player doesn't come cheap but I don't think Goodwillie, Tommy Smith or any of the current squad have those qualities.

Guest Flying Hippo
How much is Daniel Cousin these days?

I would love to have Cousin back. Enigmatic player but had some fantastic games for us. Also one of the few players who have scored on both their Rangers debut and their final game for the club (Boyd recently joined the ranks of this too)

I really liked Cousin a lot, but it was unforgivable that he got himself banned from the UEFA Cup Final. That really let the side down IMO & seriously damaged our chances of winning the tournament.

I really liked Cousin a lot, but it was unforgivable that he got himself banned from the UEFA Cup Final. That really let the side down IMO & seriously damaged our chances of winning the tournament.

i thought the ref was terrible that night. every challenge cousin made that night was a foul from the minute he came on. saaying that he did get sent off for stupidity.

Cousin had the ability to be a great player and he showed flashes of it occasionally but like some others we've had he couldn't give a toss about the club or the fans. He was just a greedy bugger and he got what he deserved in the end, no thanks!

Guest Flying Hippo
i thought the ref was terrible that night. every challenge cousin made that night was a foul from the minute he came on. saaying that he did get sent off for stupidity.

And he headbutted someone again against Dundee United at Ibrox!

Cousin was brilliant when he wanted to be. On his last game at Parkhead he was unplayable for their defence and his goal was fantastic. Against Barca at Ibrox he played upfront on his own and I thought he was MOTM.

Yet I remember a game against Falkirk away when a cardboard cut out would have been more effective.

He wanted to be greedy to go down south and went to Hull. Despite the money the EPL can offer it still doesnt offer glamour which these players expect. As soon as a player like Cousin turns out for Hull and sees the more fashionable clubs like Spurs and Villa he would switch off.